cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay Bonus on Ready Made Plans

tingtingting09
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Some of the read-made plans have bonus 500MB with autopay. 

If I sign up with such a plan with autopay enabled to start, and at some later time, when I need to switch credit card (by removing exist credit card on file and then adding new credit card), thus temporarily disabling autopay - do I lose the 500MB bonus forever? Or does the 500MB bonus immediately return when autopay is re-enabled?

Please help if you have experience with this autopay 500MB bonus. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dna2016 wrote:

@tingtingting09 technically as long as you use the change my credit card option in your My Account and switch from one card to another in the same transaction, then you are not disrupting anything.  If you decide to just remove the credit card from the file, and then not replace it, then you will lose the 500MB.  Only thing I don't know is how long does it take for the system to remove the bonus 500MB after you remove a credit card from the file and not replace it with another one.  Not sure if it's instant, or if it waits a day or so to give the customer time to change it before removing the 500MB.  But again if you switch cards all in one transaction then you are not disrupting anything and you won't lose your bonus 500MB.

It stands to reason that for a prepaid system...the data stays for the term regardless of autopay on or not. That was my experience when I tested that out.

What happens at renewal???...well 🙂

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tingtingting09 technically as long as you use the change my credit card option in your My Account and switch from one card to another in the same transaction, then you are not disrupting anything.  If you decide to just remove the credit card from the file, and then not replace it, then you will lose the 500MB.  Only thing I don't know is how long does it take for the system to remove the bonus 500MB after you remove a credit card from the file and not replace it with another one.  Not sure if it's instant, or if it waits a day or so to give the customer time to change it before removing the 500MB.  But again if you switch cards all in one transaction then you are not disrupting anything and you won't lose your bonus 500MB.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tingtingting09 wrote:

Some of the read-made plans have bonus 500MB with autopay. 

If I sign up with such a plan with autopay enabled to start, and at some later time, when I need to switch credit card (by removing exist credit card on file and then adding new credit card), thus temporarily disabling autopay - do I lose the 500MB bonus forever? Or does the 500MB bonus immediately return when autopay is re-enabled?

Please help if you have experience with this autopay 500MB bonus. Thanks!

@tingtingting09  As long as AutoPay is enaled within your account you will get the reward. In fact you can make payments using vouchers and still get the reward as long as AutoPay is enabled within your account. That is the only requirement to receive the reward.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you will not lose the bonus. in case if you lose, you can contact the MOD team. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@tingtingting09  as long as you just replace a cc there is no disruption to auto pay or bonuses

Need Help? Let's chat.