cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay

TGemini1104
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I set up autopay already when i first actived my service. but why the system shows up that my account has been suspended. which as for today should be my payment date for the bill. can someone pls explain to how this pre auth thing works for public mobile?

17 REPLIES 17

etmomphone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, hope you are right with whatever is left with the 500 minutes.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@etmomphone wrote:

Thanks for your reply. It is just that auto pay has been such a standard practice that even Freedom does not make such mistake.

Such inconvenience annoys the users. PM needs to cleanup its acts. in addition, I am quite sure that the added 500 minutes package with whatever minutes is left is now gone forever.

@etmomphone  i agree Public should clean up their act for a lot of little glitches as for the 500 min it should still be on the account 

etmomphone

Thanks for your reply. It is just that auto pay has been such a standard practice that even Freedom does not make such mistake.

Such inconvenience annoys the users. PM needs to cleanup its acts. in addition, I am quite sure that the added 500 minutes package with whatever minutes is left is now gone forever.

@etmomphone I don't think auto pay will ever be bulletproof. if you want reliability I would suggest to make it a practice to manually pay a few days ahead of your renewal date(just add the funds in your self serve) PM will subtract the auto payment from there instead of your credit/bank. you will still qualify for the $2 auto pay reward. you can even pay 3 months ahead of time if you would like

etmomphone

I had the same question regarding my account, but it did not turn out the way you described. I went to the account and found out they did not debit my credit card.

I have to manually pay to activate it. They have been taking money out for a few months and then stopped doing so in the last few days.

How to get Public Mobile to be consistent? It's a phone for my mom and I don't want to have it happen again.

@Kavette wrote:

Thanks, I might have to do this if they don't fix the issue.

I was told the bank declined my virtual visa, but I checked with the bank, they did not decline it and I had sufficient funds so it has to be a Public Mobile issue that they need to fix.

I really appreciate your idea as I truly do need this for my afternoon medical appt.

You might also consider a reputable on-line payment like recharge.com or ding.com. They do charge a small user fee.

Get your phone going then deal with autopay failure later.

Kavette

Thanks, I might have to do this if they don't fix the issue.

I was told the bank declined my virtual visa, but I checked with the bank, they did not decline it and I had sufficient funds so it has to be a Public Mobile issue that they need to fix.

I really appreciate your idea as I truly do need this for my afternoon medical appt.

@Kavette if you really need service right away. you can purchase an instant top up from xoom.com or you can go to Esso.

instant top up-01.jpeg

Kavette

There is a major problem.... too many of us now have unusable phones today as our funds were not taken from our accounts!

Kavette

Thanks for your suggestions. I have done both and will now do the ticket idea.

Sometimes autopay does not work.  Is your renewal date today ?

Try making a manual payment.  Also try rebooting your phone.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Kavette

HELP! I have never had a problem with auto-pay until today. It says my account isn't active.... I have funds in the bank and this morning I can't use my phone for texts or calls... why! 

This is urgent as I have a medical appt this afternoon where you must communicate via your car with your phone.

What is wrong with this system??

@TGemini1104, in your first question, you said you had Autopay activated already. if it is, just leave things alone as long as phone is still working.

TGemini1104

For some reason my account status shows up as suspended already. but when i try to register my visa card for autopay,the system pops up shows that my card information can not be verified for the payment process. I wonder who did this stupid programming for the web page!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@TGemini1104 wrote:

I set up autopay already when i first actived my service. but why the system shows up that my account has been suspended. which as for today should be my payment date for the bill. can someone pls explain to how this pre auth thing works for public mobile?

If your phones features are still working, just ignore the Expired and Suspended notices. During the renewal process, those ominous notices will appear but your plan will renew itself as long as you have $$ in Available Funds or a valid credit card with Autopay enabled. In the morning....all will be well again.

Make note of what the process looks like so you don't get concerned again in 30 days.

Welcome to PM.

TGemini1104

My phone still have network connection. but i just want to know why the system suspended my account and asking me to reactivate. this doesn't make any sense to me.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

If phone works, ignore it. The message says to disregard if you're using autopay.  That message is there every renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.