cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay on the weekends?

kaylamary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account is set to Autopay for tomorrow, June 2nd, which is a Saturday. My question is will the amount still come off of my card on a weekend? If it doesn't, would that mean a disruption in my service? Thank you in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kaylaulrich1, Is your renewal date showing as today on your self service portal?  If so, and if your phone is still working, then this is normal.  The system will indicate that the account is expired for a few hours until your payment is processed over night.

If, on the other hand, your phone has suddenly stopped working, then you will need to contact the moderator team (via private message) so that they can investigate for you.

If needed, click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Kaylaulrich1

Why does my account say that my plan has expired ? And I have the final balance on my account ahead of time please help ? 

There was a 'system maintenance' a couple weekends ago, and we were iformed it did cause problems with the AutoPay processing that weekend.

As that's occuring (the system maintenance that is) again this weekend, early Sunday morning, I would suggest topping up if you must have your service working.  As processing seems to start at wee hours of the day following "autopay date", June 2 renewals may be affected.

I'm not a moderator, but I've stayed up and watched my account status changes through the night to see what happens (a few times).

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

@LEGO wrote:

You may top up your service today yourself without loosing your Autopay rewards.

Yes, but @kaylamary you don't have to.  Auto Pay is fully automated and runs every day, even the weekends and holidays.  

@srlawren is correct. Autopay via credit card is not the same as pre-authorized debit from a bank account. The former will take place 7 days a week while the latter is generally limited to days that your financial institution is open (e.g. Mon-Fri, closed stat holidays). As long as you have autopay set up and your credit card information is up to date you should be just fine.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LEGO wrote:

You may top up your service today yourself without loosing your Autopay rewards.

Yes, but @kaylamary you don't have to.  Auto Pay is fully automated and runs every day, even the weekends and holidays.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

222.jpg

kaylamary

How do I do that?

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Some people experienced disruption of service because Autopay fails! If you worry, you may top up your service today yourself without loosing your Autopay rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.