cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay is malfunctioning

brydarnell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with Public for years now, and suddenly I am unable to process a payment.

I dont want to lose my account... any ideas how I can get my autopay up and running again?

12 REPLIES 12

mariawilkerson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you made any changes to your banking? Perhaps you accidentally changed where your payment was coming from. Checkk back with your bank to the account auto pay was coming from.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@brydarnell wrote:

I've been with Public for years now, and suddenly I am unable to process a payment.

I dont want to lose my account... any ideas how I can get my autopay up and running again?

Once you are up and running, here is a flawless resolution..

Hybrid Prepay your account and keep auto-pay in place.

Try this hybrid customer developed auto-pay system. It works!

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. And this is also a way to control “YOUR personally customized  payment schedule date” to be the SAME date every month.

Manually pay at least an extra 30 days (or more) ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 auto-pay reward and if auto-pay is NOT used you will still get the $2 reward. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Print (or make note of) the text of your successful payment and use it to pay again right away or hold it to pay on “YOUR personally customized payment schedule date” of the month. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print (or make a note of) of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

Ps. This would also ensure that if you had to wait ‘the process” for a voucher to be valid on your account, that anxiety won’t set in as you will have time to wait it out before your next 30 day term payment is due.

Pps. Set up on your mobile phone calendar when your next payment is due as per your “My Account” and have it repeat every 30 days. Ie. Lenore’s PM Payment Due. Then search your calendar for “Lenore’s PM Payment Due” and you will have a nice screen print to show the nexts months exact payment date.

Copyright 2020

@Luddite wrote:

@brydarnell  Just to reinforce the suggestion buried in @popping 's post, even if you regain service with one of the suggestions, submit a ticket

lol that's funny 😂

@gpixel wrote:

@ShawnC13 $227! wow! you're a lifer now. please sign your name on the dotted line.

lol it isn't that much really.  It isn't from community rewards as it still goes down every 90 days

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 $227! wow! you're a lifer now. please sign your name on the dotted line.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@brydarnell  If your cc hasn't expired then it is well document here on this forum that Public's payment processing system has a timeout bug. Public is aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix. Take the advice  @Luddite  and submit a ticket to Public and ask them to fix the issue.

@brydarnell  Just to reinforce the suggestion buried in @popping 's post, even if you regain service with one of the suggestions, submit a ticket here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. Click it then login and pick the topic, if needed, from the drop down menu. To confirm your ticket has been submitted, check the SENT box in your private messages; click the small envelope beside your avatar at top right on your screen.

• Just in case response is very slow and the workarounds fail, engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi, but I think Textnow is currently slightly better as they include SMS.

• If you encounter problems submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437, but this alternative method may have longer response time.

I think it's vital that ALL autopay failures, unrelated to a credit card date, be reported to PM even if a workaround succeeds. How else will they measure the extent of the issue?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@brydarnell 

If you have been with public mobile for several years it sounds like as per @ShawnC13  suggestion that your credit card may have expired which would be why you cannot process a payment. If you have your new card you can update it by scrolling down the page to "manage my card card" click on it and choose "replace my card" and enter the new details. If you need to make a payment then skip this step and just go to make a payment where it will allow you to add the card to the account when you make the payment.

As always whenever you make any change within your account make sure you clear your browser (reboot your device if necessary) open one tab only using secret/incognito mode in Firefox, chrome or safari to avoid error messages.

*Note: payments or purchases from c/c on your account thru 611 now require your pin#.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brydarnell 

You need to following the suggestions to add fund to your account enough to pay plan fee in full.  Don't deduct your reward credits because PM server is expecting full pay after renewal failure.  Then, click the Reactivate current plan link to get your phone working ASAP.

If the autopay failure is not your fault, create support ticket to ask your reward credit added back to your account when you have more time to deal with it.

From now onward, you should keep the autopay enabled in order to get the $2 credit every 30 days.  As soon as when you receive the payment reminder text message from PM, use your autopay cc to add fund to your account as soon as possible.  With enough fund in your account, your renewal will work and still get your autopay credit.  This what members in this forum is doing and your should start using this procedure to avoid no phone service a  few hours which no fund.  I am sure that you have better thing to do than dealing with autopay failure.

There is another advantage of adding fund to your account a few days before your renewal date.  You will know that your cc had passed the expiry date if you cannot add fund using your atuopay cc.  You have a few days to get it working and add fund to your account for renewal in a few days.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@brydarnell wrote:

Is your credit card still valid (hasn't been replaced with a newer one) and updated?  If you need to update your credit card there is a link under payments where you can do that.  If it is current you can Manage Autopay

ShawnC13_0-1601665207885.png

ShawnC13_1-1601665297959.png

Check to make sure these areas are correct, ie that you have a valid credit card and on the manage autopay that it is still registered to do it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@brydarnell   You can dial 611 to make a payment with a voucher or registered CC. 

Please check that your CC has not expired and needs to be updated.

Edit:  BTW you won't lose your account unless it's been more than 120 days since your last payment.  You will have 90 days to make a payment if the account gets suspended due to lack of funds and then both your account and number would be lost. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@brydarnell wrote:

Can you process it through by dialing 611?

Need Help? Let's chat.