cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay failed + no service + can't manually pay + says I already have enough credit = ????

bcsteeve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm so confused.  Since signing up a year ago or whatever, I've always just had it automatically pay on my credit card.  Today I get a 611 saying my service is disabled temporarily until payment is made.  I read that some people experience bugs with AutoPay, so whatever.

BUT I CANT MAKE A MANUAL PAYMENT EITHER!

It says, "Available Funds: $10.00" followed by "Amount Due: [blank]".  I choose Payment Type as "Amount Due" and Payment Amount says "This is your plan cost minus any available funds" but has no amount showing.  When I click Submit, it reloads with the following in bold red: "Your account has already enough balance.".

But my service is still disabled and I still see, "You must make a payment by Aug 10, 2018 to keep your phone number and any remaining add-ons."

What do I do?

15 REPLIES 15

bcsteeve

So earlier I reported that my service was fixed... presumably by the moderator that I messaged (but who hadn't responded).  Oddly enough, I finally got a reply, but it certainly didn't sound like they did anything.  They were requestion my information.  So I don't know how/why mine got fixed.

But it is.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wayne, hopefully the moderators will get to you early tomorrow.  Today might have been a really busy day.

Wayne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have exact same problem autopay failed and service has been deactivated. Autopay had been good for the past year and I have not changed my credit card, so I don't understand why it's failing now. I messaged the moderator earlier today but still don't have phone service. So frustrating.

bcsteeve

My experience was this:

1. I got a PM saying my account was deactivated (temporary)
  2. I tried to make a payment and couldn't (clearly some bug that's affecting some of us)
  3. I came here.  I was told to contact the moderator and given a link (thank you!)
  4. I did the above.  I got no response but in minutes my account was active.

It has been several hours now and I still haven't gotten any response but my issue is resolved. The payment apparently went through (I got no notification of such, but says my next payment is August).

@Kingahfa wrote:

Im getting the same issue.  I received my text message saying that its due today.  I also saw some mini text saying that my phone number is not available anymore too.  

Can someone please answer this?  I don't want to lose my number (i've been using it for over 10 years now)

I can't offer any answers about broken AutoPay and broken Self-Serve.  It seems like quite a few people have been experiencing the same issues since PM did website maintenance (on the Self-Serve portal, lol) last week.  It's probably best to message the mods if you're one of them.

But on the plus side ... if PM has Suspended your account (for whatever reason) it will remain Suspended for 90 days before it is Terminated.  The account is deleted, the phone number is deallocated, and the SIM card is deactivated only when it is Terminated - it can be reactivated/unsuspended any time before that without losing these things (and without being billed for the inactive period, or required to pay any sort of penalties/surcharges for disconnection or reconnection or reactivation or whatever).  So don't panic, having no phone sucks but there's no risk of losing your number anytime soon.

Lynne

This is what I’m dealing with and I’m trying to find out if anyone that can help works on the weekends or if I’m without a phone till the weekend is up 😞 

@bcsteeve wrote:

Off topic, but someone really needs to update that bot.  When it can't help, it spews out steps for contacting the moderator which are wrong.  with a "support" system like Public Mobile, they REALLY need to get the "if all else fails, do this" instruction right!

Yeah the bot is work in progress.  Technically speaking you can go to the moderator team for anything.  The idea is to be efficient and go to them for those items that the community can't help with which is basically account related interactions.

bcsteeve

*update*  My service is now working.  I still can't see my plan (don't panic.  yeah yeah).  And there's still no price associated with payment.   Everything is identical to before, except the AutoPay date has updated to August and my service is working.

bcsteeve

ps.  I saw in another thread that someone said they "forced a manual payment through", so I just tried that.  All I get is:

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

bcsteeve

Off topic, but someone really needs to update that bot.  When it can't help, it spews out steps for contacting the moderator which are wrong.  with a "support" system like Public Mobile, they REALLY need to get the "if all else fails, do this" instruction right!

bcsteeve

Thanks for the link.  MUCH more helpful than the robot that says to click "the messaging link in the top right" (there is none) and then enter @CS_Agent (doesn't work - no match).  Yeesh.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Please get in touch with the moderator team to deal with the auto pay issue.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

Kingahfa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Im getting the same issue.  I received my text message saying that its due today.  I also saw some mini text saying that my phone number is not available anymore too.  

Can someone please answer this?  I don't want to lose my number (i've been using it for over 10 years now)

GillianX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Exactly same thing happened to me. I have no idea what happend....I have PMed the moderator... 

bcsteeve

Under my "rewards" tab, I see this:

Untitled-1.jpg

Which makes it look like I don't have a plan.  When I click the Plan tab... I get:

Generic Error

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Need Help? Let's chat.