cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay didnt go through, and cannot manually pay

lottie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This morning my autopay didnt go through for some reason. I tried manually adding a payment over 20 times, tells me it cannot verify my card but my card has never changed. I removed the card and now I dont even have the option for autopay, just to pay manually and its still not working. I've copied my address directly from my bank account, no spaces in postal code, no unit number, I dont know what else to do and I really need my phone.

14 REPLIES 14

@lottie @molodtsovdenis  I can certainly understand the frustration that an Auto pay fail can cause which can be compounded by the desperation to get it reactivated. Multiple attempts to get the credit card on file to process a payment causes a credit card lock out and removal of the card triggers the inability to add it back in which causes the Auto pay reward to be removed or delayed and the dominoes continue to fall.....for the life of me (and public mobile holds full responsibility for advertising it this way) I do not understand why people actually rely on Auto pay to work on a regular basis. If you are new, you don't use the community as anything but a free customer service forum/line or a technophobe/no internet/no computer access kind of person you should be aware of the daily fail of Auto pay for at least one customer.  Now that may only be one or two out of a thousand and statistically insignificant but it can turn into a full blown nightmare lasting several days without service, community forum rants and undue stress from lack of connectivity to the outside world and threats of porting out to other providers. So why do people risk the fail? It takes at mist 5 minutes to manually pay your bill. Voucher users do It all the time. If your smart and find a deal like @CalgaryBen  you can save 10% by topping up with a voucher while still earning the Auto pay reward. With the soon to be gone $10 plan the shell voucher and Auto pay saves you an additional 30% off your already cheap plan. Buy a $50 Voucher you don't have to pay for 6 months. No anxiety surrounding an Auto pay fail. Scheduling a reminder in your calendar the day you top up your account for 30,60,90 or 180 days from that date to top up again just prevents unnecessary  worry beforehand and a whole lot of hassle after a fall. Why people insist on relying on it after a fail is even more insanity to me....and we all know what the definition of insanity is.....i have never relied on Auto pay and for the savings on vouchers at shell I won't rely on using my credit card to pay (at least not directly.) Auto pay is for amnesia, senior moments and lack of internet accessibility when on vacation or in the middle of nowhere. 

molodtsovdenis

Same problem.

My autopayment stopped working a few days ago, my phone is blocked, Can't use my perfectly good credit & debit cards to make a payment.

lottie

wow thank you, best response.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

There's a couple of things you can try.

- Try adding $1 to your account, then rebooting said phone.

- Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen...click Suspend then log out for a moment. Log back in, repeat steps but this time Resume service. Log out and reboot said phone again.

If all that fails, you'll have to contact a moderator for their input....click on the ? in lower right side of page. Type in "autopay failed" to start process of dealing with a moderator. Please be patient as it could take up tto 48 hours for a response...but usually much less.

Good luck...and keep us posted when you get it resolved.

EDIT...oops...too late. Good luck anyhow.

@lottie 

If you want, you could also buy an online voucher.  Recharge.com  is a good website, but they do charge a service fee.  You would get an online voucher right away.  Sometimes more convenient.  

lottie

oh that's great, thanks! I'll try some of those locations. I've heard back from a Mod & my card is now blocked so that'll take a good 72 hrs max. Here's hoping I find a voucher, I'm for sure looking into a new phone carrier after this!

Brucew
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You must see that this person has autopay set up and has no other personal options. He legitimately just wants his service returned to normal and assurance that the problem is addressed so it will not happen again. Public Mobile needs to get to the root of these problems instead of hiding behind community commentators offering suggestions that don't address the root problems! Don't moderators/managers see these issues and take them seriously? Current Public Mobile customer service and accounting practices can't be good for business or encouraging for potential customers. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@lottieVouchers can be purchased at more places than you might think. You can try to contact the Moderators by clicking on the ? on the lower right hand corner, but it might take them a while to respond.

Public Mobile Voucher RetailersPublic Mobile Voucher Retailers

GR
Mayor / Maire

@lottie  vouchers are available at most grocery stores and alot of gas stations 

lottie

I've called 611, I've downloaded a new browser, used private mode, deleted cache, ive done everything. I dont live near anywhere that sells vouchers.

Brucew
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After looking at the comments it seems like Public Mobile is having all kinds of accounting issues. How much abuse are we willing to take in exchange for this discounted service? 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@lottie  if trying on 611 doesn't work you can wait an hour, go on chrome browser with incognito mode on and clear the cookies and cache and try to add your card again. Don't copy and paste, just write it in like on your statement and like you did with the no space and no apartment number. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@lottie 

Website is finicky at times.  Maybe try clearing cache, incognito mode or a different web browser.  Chrome incognito works well with this site.  Give it some time in between attempts.  Sometimes if you try too many times, you can get locked out.  

If that does not work, you may need to contact moderator to get help.  Click on the quesiton mark on the right lower corner and start ticketing process.  

If you need service right away, you might need to buy a voucher either via store vendor or online via recharge.com (service fee applies).  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try paying your account with your valid credit card on file...by calling 611. If that doesn't help, get a payment voucher at 7-11 and dial 611 again. Then click the ? in lower right side of page to start contacting moderator for their help with your credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.