cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay didn't happen, No service

cyuens24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My payment due date was on Nov 17th but it is now Nov 19th and AutoPay still has not charged me and says plan expired and I am left with no service. I checked my credit card and there is no issue there. My last payment was in Oct 19th. 

How should I proceed in resolving this? Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

@cyuens24 wrote:

Problem Solved.

I tried making a one time payment with the AMEX registered on the account and it didn't work. So I switched from AMEX to MasterCard and now it works. 

Do PublicMobile not accept AMEX anymore? I called AMEX and there is nothing wrong with my account and I have been using this same AMEX for AutoPay. 

Anyhow thank for all the replies.

Yes Amex should have worked. I have mine registered for payments and never had any issue.  As @geopublic  said best to ask the moderators why it wouldn't work for you.

@cyuens24  Thanks for the update. Public does in fact accept AMEX so not sure what the problem was. Maybe ask the moderator to investigate. As stated before my guess is that the PM AutoPay has a specific timeout if it does not receive a response within the specified time then it just fails with the error that you mentioned.

cyuens24

Problem Solved.

I tried making a one time payment with the AMEX registered on the account and it didn't work. So I switched from AMEX to MasterCard and now it works. 

Do PublicMobile not accept AMEX anymore? I called AMEX and there is nothing wrong with my account and I have been using this same AMEX for AutoPay. 

Anyhow thank for all the replies.

[Self solution accepted as noone suggested trying a different card ......... Luddite]

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For any complicated issue, you should contact a moderator by clicking ?, bottom right, and follow instructions.

@cyuens24 wrote:

Yes I do have Reactivate Current plan button. But If I make an immediate paymemt now, will I be charged again with Autopay? Happened once with my other services.

@cyuens24  No it will not. AutoPay only gets triggered on your renewal date.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi again @cyuens24 

One more thing, because you were suspended it is very possible that you will not get rewards that you were supposed to get.

Please contact the moderators so they can adjust it manually.

It will be in the form of credit as your cc will probably be billed for the whole amount

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cyuens24 wrote:

Hello,

My payment due date was on Nov 17th but it is now Nov 19th and AutoPay still has not charged me and says plan expired and I am left with no service. I checked my credit card and there is no issue there. My last payment was in Oct 19th. 

@cyuens24  In some cases AutoPay fails. When that happens unfortunately Public does not retry to process the renewal so you need to go into your selfserve account and click on the re-activate button and follow the prompts. If you service does not restore after restarting you phone then you need to submit a ticket to Public Mobile for help.

PMST.png

Your autopay failed on 17th, it will not happen again until next time.

If you have enough funds on your account autopay does not kick in at all.

You should be safe.

If in future by mistake two times funds are taken out, if one of them not consumed by your plan and stays as your balance, that will be used next time for your renewal instead of autopay.

If both amounts are erroneously consumed by plan, then you must contact moderators. 

You should be safe to pay it manually now

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cyuens24 wrote:

Yes I do have Reactivate Current plan button. But If I make an immediate paymemt now, will I be charged again with Autopay? Happened once with my other services.

Not likely. But if you're not tight for money and if it were to double charge you then it would just stay in your Available Funds for next time.

cyuens24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cyuens24 wrote:

Hello,

You could buy a voucher from a store or online and get your service going.

Are you sure the card is still valid? You haven't moved?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @cyuens24 

Do you have reactivate button?

Try pressing it it should take you to payment. Withdraw funds manually and restart your phone.

If y your service doesn't come back after restart try adding one more dollar and restart.

You can withdraw money manually and you will still get autopay rewards. As long as you stay registered for autopay you receive the reward. I don't want to lose my service and although I'm on autopay, it never actually went through I always do it manually

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.