cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

AutoPay details and general Public Mobile Amateurishness

Hi All,

I've been on the promo plan for the three months and was curious about how the autopay was going to work out. Well, my payment went through on the credit card and it was $122.04 (I'm in Ontario). It's been three months, so I was clearly a little curious about the specifics, and I wanted to record the details and print a final invoice for my records and add this info to my accounting system. This is where Public mobile REALLY needs to improve. I found zero information relating to exactly what was charged to my credit card (and of course no invoice to pirint). 

1. I go to my account and the lame Transaction History screen (that doesn't just automactically show me the last 30 days, and I see this:

2017-03-11 at 11.57.24 AM.png

As you might see, after all these nonesense numbers, there's a "Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto." line that refers to $108.00. 

2. Not knowing how the hell they got to $122.04, I checked out this community and checked those numbers and $108.00 + tax = $122.04. Ok.

3. But NOWHERE does it say $122.04 on the Public Mobile site, nor is there a receipt or invoice or anything else I can download for my records that says $122.04 was charged or how that number was devised. Like, what?

4. There was no email notification regarding the charge being made, nor an invoice attached to that (it would saved lots of time).

So, yea.. I'm felling like this is amateur hour here hoping I can find more details on how my account is charged.

Not to mention having a DIFFERENT accoutn for this communitity and for the publicmobile site. Seriously, I'll take what I can get though haha if they fix some of this. What do you folks think? Am I being too pedantic? For those that keep recrods, don't you find this troubling?

Kevin

Oracle

Re: AutoPay details and general Public Mobile Amateurishness

Yes, you won't see tax in the history. You will only see it on your cc transaction. I am sure someone already posted an idea to improve the payment details.

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Mayor / Maire

This topic has received plenty of discussion in the short time I have been a customer.  It's certainly different that what we are used to in a bill.  I always remind myself that I am buying a discount service and with that comes compromises.  As long as I compromise does not directly affect the day to day use of the service, I ignore it.  

Having said that, this type of billing is possibly typical of prepaid service.  I had a Tbaytel prepaid account and the billing was identical.  Taxes are not shown in the account, but taxes are taken when a top up is made.  I also had a Bell prepaid account and it was the same.  Anyone else have prepaid experience, please chime in.

Mayor / Maire

I am always willing to give up a few features for some savings.  My first autorenewal was like for $87 plus tax and that was for 3 months I still can't even figure that out but will enjoy it for sure.  I will agree the billing is laid out extremely awkward  and could handle some refining.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me *

It's interesting, mainly because I don't consider this a feature. Clearly laying out the money you charge (automatically per a credit card charge no less) is a basic thing. I usually don't trust companies that won't spell out what they're charging.

It seems this has gotten attention elseware in the community, and that's good. Hopefully it leads to this simple but important change.

Mayor / Maire

@kcostain, if you are looking at what you are paying for then this lays it all out for you.  It shows you what each feauter (talk, Text and Data cost) yoru bundle discount and your fall promo discount. It then shows what is outstanding then subtracts any rewards or available funds and then shows you what was charged to your credit card. 

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me *

ShawnC13 wrote:

It then shows what is outstanding then subtracts any rewards or available funds and then shows you what was charged to your credit card. 

@ShawnC13 You must be looking at something different, because nowhere do I see it recorded on the website what was charged on my credit card. I.E. $122.04. If you can kindly show me this with a screenshot of an account, point me to where I find it, or some other proof that would be helpful. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Mayor / Maire

@kcostain  here is mine.  Look at the line automatic top up

Payment.PNG

@ShawnC13 Yes, you realize that is pre-tax., right? That's not an accurate representation of what the company charges user credit cards (well, unless Public Mobile charges you no taxes). You have not provided details on what your credit card was charged.

Let me be clear that I'm talking about something entirely different. There is no clear representation of what Public Mobile charges it's customers directly (after tax, after services, the final charge), nor is there an invoice or some other simple representation of charges that get sent to credit card processing. 

Also, no confirmation number of fthe charges going through. Every credit card processor provides this.

Also, clearly and insanley convoluded representation of charges. Look at yours, is it clear to anyone how they come to the pre-tax number of $87.00? I'm sure, in time, it can be figured out but this is an insanely bad representation of something that is simple (Also Telus owns this company, and do you think they do this?).

Add in a situation where Public changes rates (in some not to distant 'maybe' future) - it becomes nearly impossible to understand what the hell is going on and what they've charged for.

Clarity. Simple. Most companies understand this. Public Mobile seems not to. I just want to be better.

Mayor / Maire

Yes I do realise it is pre-tax.  I was able to look at it and figure out but I  gues maybe not all can.