cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay and Plan Renewal

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

So today is my autopayment day so when does the payment come out and when do my totals reset for data usage?  I looked at payment history and there is no recent payment and my data is still showing the same amount used even though it is the renewal date.  Just wondering when it all resets.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

8 REPLIES 8

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13Try to resist logging in to your account tonight around midnight. You will safe yourself an adrenalin rush, because it will say "plan expired" and "account suspended". But in the morning, everything should be fine.

@stonechucker  that is what I figured, my phone is still working so until it doesn't everything is good.  Just conflicting messages it says plan renewal is today rewards section says tomorrow.  It isn't that hard to match up the dates seeing as they are on the same 90 day period they should not be different.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No the problem was that my account actually was suspended.

Don't know about you but I was not about to go all day without a phone due to PM still not getting the autopay system working properly. Also pretty sure that if it happens again at the next renewal it will also be the last time it happens as I will move somewhere else.

@Stormy, If you had left everything alone, funds would have been charged to your credit card late tonight, and your account would be renewed early tomorrow morning.  The account status notifications are the problem, not the process.

@ShawnC13, as yours is today, you too should just leave it be.  It will work overnight.

domenicocortez
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Normally, you have to pay one day before your plan start.

And yes, autopay didn't work at all, and yes you have to manually make the payment.

I dont know why but this is what happens to me 2 weeks ago.

Stormy

@CalvinW wrote:

Apparently, there are slight delays with autopayment. You might get the account suspended message, but as long as you still have service, then the autopayment should go through. It should refresh the next day. 

The whole system needs an overhaul. According to my self serve page my plan was due yesterday (Jan. 30), but looking at the Rewards page it said it was due today. No sign of any payment attempt yesterday (have autopay set up), and no sign so far today. I also got a text on the 28th saying that the payment was due on the 31st.

But just for fun around 7:00 AM when I checked my account I got the ever popular "account suspened" that seems to be quite common at the moment. But it gets even better, not only did I get the "account suspended", it was suspended.

So instead of waiting all day to see what if anything might happen, manually made the payment and my service was back up in about 15 minutes. Could have PM'ed a mod but that would have been a minimum of 2 hours before getting a response, and needed my phone long before then.

And now that I have made the payment manually waiting to see if the system still trys to do the autopay later today/tonight. I also just got a text 10 minutes ago telling me "sorry your payment didn't go through".

Oh and after I made the payment earlier the due updated to show the next payment is due on April 30. And just like mentioned above, looking at the Rewards page it shows as May1.

So to sum it up at least for me so far,

1. Autopay didn't work at all.

2. Account actually did get suspended (no voice, data or text).

3. Had to manually make the payment (and hope they don't try and take another later today) to get my service back up and running.

4. Got a text telling me the payment didn't go through when I can clearly see that it has, both in my profile transaction history and my bank account (Visa Debit).

5. System can't decide what day my payment is due.

Chicklets

I found that if your payment date on your online account is today then the system will update your usage and take out your payment on the next morning. Not sure why it does it that way but it does.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Apparently, there are slight delays with autopayment. You might get the account suspended message, but as long as you still have service, then the autopayment should go through. It should refresh the next day. 

Need Help? Let's chat.