cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay Issues / Account Deactivated

CamZen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm still having auto-pay issues same as other users have been experiencing today.  It seems the auto-pay function is up and running again for others however I'm still not able to make a payment on my account and my service is still deactivated.

I've tried the lost/stolen fix to deactivate and reactivate severice with no luck.  I've attempted to replace the credit card on file however I am not able to upate the credit card.  I've confirmed with my credit card company there is no issue on the card, other public mobile accounts registered to the card have gone through today.  I've also sent in a message to MOD team direct however haven't heard back, it was sent about 3 hours ago.

Hoping for direction on what to do next to correct the issues, all help is appreciated 🙂

16 REPLIES 16

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @chrystal1!

We're really sorry to read about that issue, in order to better assist you, we will kindly ask you to reach us through private message, so we can take a further look into that.

Kind regards,

Public Mobile Moderator team

chrystal1

I’m ready to go somewhere else! I’ve been dealing for 5 days my daughters account was deactivated, we do autopay and payment didn’t come out when all good on my end! I finally get a response from the moderator but now I get a reply to help me and have to wait another day to get another reply!! Meanwhile she has no phone! 

@CamZen wrote:

Forgot to add my update to this now that it is complete.

Resolved on Tuesday of this week, my credit card was being blocked by Public Mobile's system.  MOD's advised due because of multiple card attempts however it was blocked on the first autopay attempt.  It may have been due to their other payment issues that day but didn't get much more detail.

Regardless the issue was solved and I was credited $5 for the issue, less than the cost of buying voucher's but I'd glad to have at least gotten this resolved.  Thanks again for those that replied with help and suggestions!

Glad it was resolved and thank you for updating us with the resolution.

CamZen

Forgot to add my update to this now that it is complete.

Resolved on Tuesday of this week, my credit card was being blocked by Public Mobile's system.  MOD's advised due because of multiple card attempts however it was blocked on the first autopay attempt.  It may have been due to their other payment issues that day but didn't get much more detail.

Regardless the issue was solved and I was credited $5 for the issue, less than the cost of buying voucher's but I'd glad to have at least gotten this resolved.  Thanks again for those that replied with help and suggestions!

CamZen

Made payment by vouchers, added 10% in fees.

Tried removing the credit card on my account and attempted to add card back on for auto-pay and now getting 'unable to process this transaction'.

Waiting to hear from MODs. Thanks for everyone that has assisted on this 🙂

CamZen

Looks like about a 10% fee from what I can tell 😞

@krazykiwi wrote:

@CamZen wrote:

Its been the same credit card on all accounts for about a year with no issue.  I may need to go the voucher route if no fix from Public Mobile.

Do they generally give any account credit for gap in service / cost for voucher?  This still seems like an issue at Public Mobile's end.

Thanks again for your suggestions!

Credit is based on the situation. As this was working I would suggest asking for a credit especially if it takes awhile to correct. I believe (I have never used) recharge.com charges a small fee for the voucher number. You can get vouchers in retail outlets too.

I agree this sounds like a service issue. Please take time to let us know you have it solved and what solved it for you. 

They do charge a fee rolled into the cost.  There's no tax.  Depending on the province, there might actually be a tiny savings using recharge.  Albertans lose out unfortunately.

@CamZen wrote:

Its been the same credit card on all accounts for about a year with no issue.  I may need to go the voucher route if no fix from Public Mobile.

Do they generally give any account credit for gap in service / cost for voucher?  This still seems like an issue at Public Mobile's end.

Credit is based on the situation. As this was working I would suggest asking for a credit especially if it takes awhile to correct. I believe (I have never used) recharge.com charges a small fee for the voucher number. You can get vouchers in retail outlets too.

I agree this sounds like a service issue. Please take time to let us know you have it solved and what solved it for you. 

EDIT: Here is a link to retail outlets.

CamZen

No suite number or postal code issue, I had found that issue listed as well 🙂

Didn't realize the response time was that long, I was going off the help page that said its normally within an hour or 48 only during busy times.  Guess it's just always busy!

@CamZen wrote:

You don't have to pay for the suspension period.  The cost is the same as a typical renewal.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@CamZen, moderator team response time is at least 48 hours these days.  As suggested, go to recharge.com and purchase a voucher to get your account running and wait for the moderator team to assist on the credit card problem.  By the way, does your address have a suite number?  The system doesn't seem to like having that field populated.  Try leaving it blank.  For postal code, enter the 6 characters without space.

CamZen

@CamZen wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried on different computers, cleared cache and incognito without success.

I've also tried topping up my account by calling 611, it still states unable to process transaction same as when I try to submit a payment through my online account.  As mention, confirmed no issue with the card already on file and other payments cleared today with other Public Mobile accounts.

There is some situations where PM will only allow so many accounts to use the same CC for payment. Have you been using this same card with all these accounts prior to this?

You can buy vouchers to do a top up, much the same as recharge.com.

Maybe try a different CC or a visa debit card if you have one.

CamZen

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried on different computers, cleared cache and incognito without success.

I've also tried topping up my account by calling 611, it still states unable to process transaction same as when I try to submit a payment through my online account.  As mention, confirmed no issue with the card already on file and other payments cleared today with other Public Mobile accounts.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

There is also recharge.com that other users suggest works well.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@CamZen wrote:

I'm still having auto-pay issues same as other users have been experiencing today.  It seems the auto-pay function is up and running again for others however I'm still not able to make a payment on my account and my service is still deactivated.

I've tried the lost/stolen fix to deactivate and reactivate severice with no luck.  I've attempted to replace the credit card on file however I am not able to upate the credit card.  I've confirmed with my credit card company there is no issue on the card, other public mobile accounts registered to the card have gone through today.  I've also sent in a message to MOD team direct however haven't heard back, it was sent about 3 hours ago.

Hoping for direction on what to do next to correct the issues, all help is appreciated 🙂

Hi,

Have you tried clearing cache, incognito window or a different browser/computer?

Also try calling 611 to do a payment so you can get you service working and we will continue to invsetigate your autopay.

Need Help? Let's chat.