cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay

Kewillia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am brand new as of last night, i set up auto pay then hit pay as well, so i have that credit and today i see they put the $25 bonus on the account. So on next bill will they take from my credit?

1 REPLY 1

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Kewillia wrote:

I am brand new as of last night, i set up auto pay then hit pay as well, so i have that credit and today i see they put the $25 bonus on the account. So on next bill will they take from my credit?

@KewilliaYes. That $25 credit is no longer a "bonus". It is positive available funds. Pooled together to create a positive balance with whatever else is in the account. A soon as its been applied to your account it is "available funds" and it sit in your available funds like any other funds that would have been added by any other method.

Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

If today was your payment due date, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

If you look around the self serve pages, you will see two days, a top up day and payment day.  The one shown in the overview page is the day they want people who do manual top ups to put money into the account.  The next day, early in the morning is when the funds are converted into a payment.  The payment day is also shown.

This post explains the renewal process: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs...

Need Help? Let's chat.