cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay

chevy4484
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have auto pay setup and my account every month goes dead for anywhere from 12-24 hours saying sim card not active and when I check my account online it says account de-activated with a *that if on auto pay it will be straightened out. Why do I have to lose service every month when I am using auto pay?

13 REPLIES 13

@chevy4484 

Both @geopublic and @esjliv  have assessed your issue correctly in that you or your son shouldn't be experiencing this problem with your service every month. The fact it restarts on its own and the sim error message points to either a sim provisioning issue and/or an account issue with autopay.

Contacting the moderator team to look into it and possibly opening a ticket for the tech team is in order. Hopefully it's an easy fix but it could also require some investigation to get to the root of the problem.

This is where @gpixel  advice comes into play. While many of us just manually top up our accounts to avoid the occasional autopay fail...quite rare actually....you may want to do this for the next renewal or two depending on how difficult it is to fix the issue within your account . Paying manually will just give you some peace of mind to stay in touch with your son around the accounts renewal time. Contact the moderators as previously instructed.

amount due-01~2.jpeg

@chevy4484 

best advice I can give you is to not rely on auto-pay... the most reliable process to renew your plan is to manually top up ahead of time and have "available funds" in your account for the system to withdraw from. just manually top up a week ahead 

chevy4484

So my youngest son uses the phone and he's out with a friend and his phone isn't working due to this issue, now this is huge issue for me.

@chevy4484 wrote:

I lose service on my billing date for anywhere from 12-24 hours. After that it starts again

Hi @chevy4484 ,

Maybe there is a provisioning issue with your account. 

Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

chevy4484

I lose service on my billing date for anywhere from 12-24 hours. After that it starts again

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@chevy4484 wrote:

I have auto pay setup and my account every month goes dead for anywhere from 12-24 hours saying sim card not active and when I check my account online it says account de-activated with a *that if on auto pay it will be straightened out. Why do I have to lose service every month when I am using auto pay?

@chevy4484  You shouldn't. Submit a ticket to Public Mobile and ask them to fix the problem. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@chevy4484 during renewal, your self serve account goes through this transformation that indicates suspension but really the service continues to work.  As long as you don't touch anything and let the renewal complete which can take a number of hours, everything should be fine.  If there is any interruption to service during this time, try rebooting the phone.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@chevy4484 that looks like the PM renewal cycle.if your service works that is normal. It happens to all of us.Stay safe. 

The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore the mesage, leave your account alone. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message around 12.03pm est. tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@chevy4484 Regardless of what your self serve account says, are your services still working? The renewal process here is a bit bizarre in the wording. But in the end, if your phone is still working, ignore the self serve account messages. I don't even go online to my account around renewal time.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@chevy4484 wrote:

@chevy4484   Seems like some accounts run into problems with autopay.  You should submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon so they can take a look at your account.  Here's a link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type your issue and select contact us when you it appears and follow the prompts to finish.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@chevy4484 wrote:

@chevy4484  try contacting a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue, you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@chevy4484 wrote:

@chevy4484 hi if this happens often contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator     check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @chevy4484 ,

You should not be losing services. With the online self serve account, it is normal to see your account say Expired/Suspended the day before your autopay is going to be paid. 

I do not like that is says this on the account, but you should NOT be losing services during this time.

I would inquire about this with the moderators.

To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1598582499270.png

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.