cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay will not work

Gen1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received an insufficient funds message, checked my bank, changed my plan. Can not make a payment now. I've been without a phone for my small business for two days and am becoming frustrated 😞

21 REPLIES 21

nmmblez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If it is so unreasonably, inexplicably buggy, then it would be fooling to trust it if it suddenly worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nmmblez 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

@nmmblez  autopay system us buggy.  did you try a manual payment to restore the service first?  try to use manual pay on Self-serve to pay the amount due , then reboot the phone and see if it works 

for the webage issue, try to use incognito mode or use another browsers

nmmblez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Autopay simply does not work. Autopay deals are false advertising to lure you in.

There is absolutely no reason for it not to work as well as any voucher re-seller online, unless its intentional of course.

Just from the web page loading message "Good things come to those who wait" you should have figured out how conducting business in bad faith is the norm around here. There is also no valid reason for any web page in 2021 to load that slow, unless again, it's intentional.

All that is to make the services of the parent company (Telus) look better.

Gen1

\we did finally get it all sorted out. Thanks for your help!

@Gen1 wrote:

I do appreciate your help. I have tried all of the above and am currently talking with a moderator who is trying to charge me more than my plan amount?? I have no idea at this point 

Contact with PM Moderators is usually done by tickets and they will respond via private messages. Usually PM staff does not call customers, and they are easily identified online.

PM staff.jpg

Gen1

I do appreciate your help. I have tried all of the above and am currently talking with a moderator who is trying to charge me more than my plan amount?? I have no idea at this point 

@Gen1 wrote:

I have tried. Both last night and again today, from my computer and from my phone. Is there a way to PM? I am having a hard time keeping track of these messages. 

Yes you can submit a ticket to Moderators, but they won't necessarily get back to you right away. There's a queue for tickets.

In the meantime, you may want to use recharge.com (the site is legit) or go in-store to purchase a payment voucher.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

Gen1

I have tried. Both last night and again today, from my computer and from my phone. Is there a way to PM? I am having a hard time keeping track of these messages. 

@Gen1 wrote:

I have tried the reactivate button and it says that my balance due is 0$ so I can't figure out how to make a payment

Go to the Payment tab and try making a one-time payment.

You should be able to do thru self-serve account or by calling 611 on your phone.

BTW is this how you adding $10 to your account? Or was the $10 already there previously?

Gen1

I have tried the reactivate button and it says that my balance due is 0$ so I can't figure out how to make a payment

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gen1 wrote:

This seems difficult. I have no idea what I'm doing here, I'm not technically inclined at all. Just logging into this forum was a real task and I'm beginning to think that I'm just not tech savvy enough to use public mobile 😞 

Well yes it is a little more manual hands-on self-serve but if you're here, you're doing fine. I'm only on my second cup here so .... 🙂

Gen1

I added 10$ to my account because that is all it would let me do and there is sufficient funds in my bank account

@Gen1 wrote:

This seems difficult. I have no idea what I'm doing here, I'm not technically inclined at all. Just logging into this forum was a real task and I'm beginning to think that I'm just not tech savvy enough to use public mobile 😞 

I hear you. First let's try to get your phone service back up.

1. Do you have available funds enough to cover the cost of your plan?

If yes, you should see a button to Reactivate service.

Gen1

No they are not

Gen1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gen1 wrote:

I have tried adding funds. Funds available xx, balance due 0$ but I can not activate my plan

Are your services working?

I reactivated an account last week and it stayed saying Plan Expired but everything was working. The future date was right too.

@Gen1 

Please check this post for possible solutions

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Bugs-quirks/m-p/545887#M42286

Other than paying with a voucher, there are 2 things you can try:

Plan won't reactivate even though payment made

If Available Funds at least equal the plan cost, click Change Plan and "buy" your plan with immediate activation. Logout and reboot your phone. ONLY WORKS for current plans not grandfathered ones which require messaging the moderators.

Phone stops working even though payment was made. Account may show $0 owing.

a) Manually load $1 into your account (or a few dollars) and/or

b) Turn on Lost/Stolen SIM to suspend service, logout, reactivate, reboot phone.

These sometimes trigger the an account reset and have been tried by a several people who confirmed that their account re-activated. If that fails you must submit a ticket to the moderator team.

Gen1

I have tried adding funds. Funds available xx, balance due 0$ but I can not activate my plan

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Gen1 

Try making a manual payment with the existing card.

Is it possible that something like your billing address has changed and needs to be updated?

If you have another card, you could try that adding that one.

Otherwise, you can use a payment voucher or get one at recharge.com (small fee is applicable).

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Buy a voucher. Can get them all kinds of places. Gas stations, corner stores, etc.

You can even buy online at places like recharge.com

Link below is voucher places your can get them.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

Get one so you can get up and running again. Also contact moderators to look into your card issues.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.