cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay didn't work

Lynndlew
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set up Auto pay when I set up my account and it didn't work and you cut off my service! Wtf happened? I had to make a payment through self serve to get it working again and now I have a balance of 20 bucks and no idea if it's going to work next month or not. I can't be having this happen every month. 

18 REPLIES 18

Lynndlew

Thanks. I opened a conversation with them.

The other line was opened about 15 days after the first one, so no conflict there. It'll be the same card though... 

Hopefully they can get it resolved.

@Lynndlew wrote:

I changed from a 30 dollar promotional plan to the 25 dollar 1 gig plan. With a 1 dollar referral bonus and 2 dollar auto pay bonus. 

@Lynndlew  Looks like you changed it to the $10 plan or something is really messed up with that account. Also if both inlaws have the same renewal date under the same credit card it's possible that it might trigger a security event and that is why the AutoPay did not work. Best to ask the Moderator Team to investigate and respond back with fix.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Warning: By perforning the lost/stolen phone trick procedure there is a possibility that you will have to forfeit your AutoPay reward for the current period. If you have AutoPay enabled use at your own risk.

Lynndlew

It still says I'm on the 25 dollar plan...

Account Status: Active
  • My Rewards
    • Loyalty Reward $0
    • AutoPay Reward ($2)
    • Community Reward $0
    • Refer-a-Friend Reward ($1)
  • To learn more about Rewards, visit our Community
  • My Data & Add-Ons 

If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use. 

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed
    0  /  1024 MB
  •  
  • AutoPay
  • You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Sep 18, 2019
  • AutoPay Amount: This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any Available funds will be applied first.
  •  
  •  
  •  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lynndlew wrote:

Could this be because I changed her account about a third of the way through the billing cycle? 

Changing a plan mid-cycle does forfeit the rest of your original plan.

Payment for Next Cycle is generally the cost of your plan. So that's why I wonder if you had somehow actually changed to the $10 plan.

Lynndlew

I changed from a 30 dollar promotional plan to the 25 dollar 1 gig plan. With a 1 dollar referral bonus and 2 dollar auto pay bonus. 

Lynndlew

Could this be because I changed her account about a third of the way through the billing cycle? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lynndlew wrote:

Why does it say this:

• Available Funds: $20.00
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Sep 18, 2019
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $10.00
  • Amount Owing: $0.00

When I'm on the $25/month plan? 

That is a confused output. Maybe try the lost/stolen feature. Did you possibly inadvertently change to the $10 plan? But you might need the moderators to clean that up.

Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lynndlew wrote:

That is just junk! Considering that this is my mother-in-law's phone, who is disabled, and I'm now going to have to manage it for her is totally useless! I have the father-in-law on it as well and will also need to monitor it. What **bleep**! 

Many hundreds of thousands of other customers renew with autopay just fine month in month out.

Yes there have been those other customers like you who have had some autopay problems. It is more of a hands-on diy kind of place. Not exactly a set it and forget it kind of place. But many people do.

Lynndlew

Why does it say this:

• Available Funds: $20.00
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Sep 18, 2019
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $10.00
  • Amount Owing: $0.00

When I'm on the $25/month plan? 

Lynndlew

That is just junk! Considering that this is my mother-in-law's phone, who is disabled, and I'm now going to have to manage it for her is totally useless! I have the father-in-law on it as well and will also need to monitor it. What **bleep**! 

As I said above 

Treat autopay as backup if you forget which may kick in, no guarantees though

@Lynndlew wrote:

What's the point of auto pay if I have to log in and add funds to my account every month?

If I could I would give you 10 thumbs up

But this is how it is

I'm curious to check small print but i bet we are responsible for payment no matter autopay

@Lynndlew wrote:

It also won't tell me how much my bill will be under auto pay. Is that normal?

That means you have enough on your account. That's normal

Lynndlew

What's the point of auto pay if I have to log in and add funds to my account every month?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lynndlew wrote:

The top of your overview page will show amount due or something under Available Funds.

Edit: Amount Owing. But the site has been in a bit of flux this weekend. I can't see my number right now either.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@LynndlewOne way you can mitigate the problem is keep a month's balance in your account before renewal date.. it sucks but that's how Public Mobile's system is.

Lynndlew

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hopefully not but you never know

Is your account ok now?

Is everything working?

I always advertised manual account top up to all my family and friends, autopay seems frail and fails easily

I top up every time I receive sms reminder that tells me to ignore it if I have autopay.

I still receive the rewards though

Treat autopay as backup if you forget which may kick in, no guarantees though

Need Help? Let's chat.