cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-pay didn't work, PLAN EXPIRED in red, what next?

sarahannedobson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So my auto-pay didn't go through, but my phone number is still working, but data isn't. 

Right now my account is showing Available Funds: $35 as I tried to manually make the payment that was due but didn't go through for whatever reason. It looks like the $35 just got credited to my account however, and didn't actually pay for my plan. Do I need to pick a new plan again? When I try to do that it says any funds paid towards my last plan wouldn't be credited to my new one...does that mean that $35 I paid just sits there or...what? 

10 REPLIES 10

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @sarahannedobson,

thinks for getting in touch with us!

Since you mentioned that your data doesn't work but the rest of your services do, is it possible that you fully consumed the allocated data? Please send us a private message and we'll be able to better look into it for you.

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The fact that your phone number is still working and that you're seeing Plan Expired suggests that tonight is your renewal.

@Anonymous  If it suggest tonight is the renewal, what is the other case it could be? I have searched but found no one with the same problem where the account shows expired outside of the renewal.

@Jessica_T 

I use the word that way as what I understand to be a legitimate English method of saying along the lines of that "it leads one to conclude".

Thanks for keeping us on our toes. 🙂

@Anonymous  My account shows plan expired for a week. My due date is not till April 6. I can't find one other person ever with my problem.

I think you know what to do.

I didn't know you came in here with a problem...I thought you were just in the mood of calling out posts 🙂

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The fact that your phone number is still working and that you're seeing Plan Expired suggests that tonight is your renewal.

@Anonymous  If it suggest tonight is the renewal, what is the other case it could be? I have searched but found no one with the same problem where the account shows expired outside of the renewal.

@Dunkman wrote:

@sarahannedobson 

When was your payment date?  Was it yesterday or today?  

Sometimes on the evening before the payment date, the plan will state expired and other warnings, but your phone will work and your payment will go through overnight.  

@Dunkman What if the account shows plan expired for a week but the phone is still working.

If the plan is expired, technically, the plan should not be working at all.  OP did mention that the phone was working, but data was not.  If OP provided more information, then we can provide more guidance.  

If the plan is expired and the plan is working, maybe some issue with account at the back end or the website being finicky again....

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jessica_T 

I use the word that way as what I understand to be a legitimate English method of saying along the lines of that "it leads one to conclude".

@Anonymous  My account shows plan expired for a week. My due date is not till April 6. I can't find one other person ever with my problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jessica_T 

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@sarahannedobson 

Sometimes on the evening before the payment date, the plan will state expired and other warnings, but your phone will work and your payment will go through overnight.  

@Dunkman What if the account shows plan expired for a week but the phone is still working.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Is today your renewal date?  if autopay fails that should mean nothing works, not partial functionality.   

can you post a screenshot of your overview page and your payment history?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sarahannedobson 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sarahannedobson wrote:

So my auto-pay didn't go through, but my phone number is still working, but data isn't. 

Right now my account is showing Available Funds: $35 as I tried to manually make the payment that was due but didn't go through for whatever reason. It looks like the $35 just got credited to my account however, and didn't actually pay for my plan. Do I need to pick a new plan again? When I try to do that it says any funds paid towards my last plan wouldn't be credited to my new one...does that mean that $35 I paid just sits there or...what? 

When is date for plan renew ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarahannedobson wrote:

Don't touch anything. You don't actually know yet that the autopay didn't work as your service hasn't actually renewed yet.

The renewal tonight will take what it needs from your Available Funds first and then any more from your autopay.

Leave it.

Your data may just be coincidental with near the end of your term.

Need Help? Let's chat.