cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-pay didn't renew my plan like normal

Davidbs12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account has been set up for auto-pay since October 2019, I haven't changed my card details or anything on my account however this month my auto-pay failed and my account is suspended, I've got enough funds in my bank account for the payment to go through and whenever I try to make a one off payment it won't let me giving me an error message saying not to worry if I'm set up for auto-pay, however this means I cannot use my phone because I can't renew my plan, any help would be greatly appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Davidbs12 , when you say your account was suspended, was the service itself suspended or that the account indicated suspended?  The renewal process involves the account going through various funky phases including showing as suspended.  It takes about half a day for the entire metamorphosis to complete.  During this time, the actual service is not interrupted.  Attempts to interfere with the renewal process can cause problems.  Could this have been the case with your or did your service actually stop working?  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Davidbs12 alot of users are having this issue recently. best thing to do is make it a practice manually paying a few days ahead. just add funds to your account so public mobile takes money from your self serve rather than your bank account. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Davidbs12 You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment:
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Stay safe. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Davidbs12 wrote:

My account has been set up for auto-pay since October 2019, I haven't changed my card details or anything on my account however this month my auto-pay failed and my account is suspended, I've got enough funds in my bank account for the payment to go through and whenever I try to make a one off payment it won't let me giving me an error message saying not to worry if I'm set up for auto-pay, however this means I cannot use my phone because I can't renew my plan, any help would be greatly appreciated

Are the phone features working right now ? If so, that indicates that the renewal process is starting...by tomorrow am, all will be ok.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Davidbs12 wrote:

@Davidbs12 First off if your phone works ignore that message everything will be back to normal by tomorrow.

If your phone is currently not working then access selfserve and try making a one-time payment by using the custom amount option and hit the re-activate button.

Restart you phone and test it. If it still doesn't work then try the following to get plan re-activated again. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick 
    lst.png

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

3. Add $1 to your account funds

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help. You can also purchase a voucher to get up and running again.

vouchers.png

1. Xoom
    2. Recharge
    3. Ding

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.