cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay did not go through- tried to pay online and over phone with no luck!

kpearse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today none of my services worked and I had message saying my autopay would not go through. This also happened to my mother and grandmother (three separate accounts and credit cards). Then I tried to pay over the phone and that would not work, then finally was able to access the website this evening and my payment will not go through it just says error check back later.

Super frustrated as all three of us have had no service for the day!

6 REPLIES 6

@angiegeronimo18 

Do you have an iphone? Do you only have iMessage working? The blue bubble? 

Here's some additional info to help you solve your issue...

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

angiegeronimo18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same here, auto pay did not go through. Paid online since last week only sms works. Call service not working. Help! 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kpearse wrote:

Today none of my services worked and I had message saying my autopay would not go through. This also happened to my mother and grandmother (three separate accounts and credit cards). Then I tried to pay over the phone and that would not work, then finally was able to access the website this evening and my payment will not go through it just says error check back later.

@kpearse , Self Serve account was quite slow yesterday, but seems more responsive today.

If you can log into the Self Serve accounts and make manual payments you should be able to get the services back on these accounts.

There was a Public Mobile system Autopay issue yesterday, that affect quite a lot of people. It is unfortunate, and affecting so many people in your family. 😞 

I would let the Moderators know of this.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@kpearse 

Because of the autopay system issue causing many failures access to the self serve is impacted by the larger than normal volumes of customers trying to make manual payments to reactivate their accounts. Accessing the self serve accounts you need to make manual payments on will be more successful late night. Use this as your guide....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kpearse 

Try dialling *611 from the associated device to make a manual payment from the card registered to the account. 

You can purchase a public mobile payment voucher at a store near you:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/store-locator

@kpearse wrote:

Unfortunately, service will not start working again until payment is made.  You can try again later if this was a website issue or you can purchase a voucher from a store. Ding.com and recharge.com will sell a voucher but this might costs a coupel of dollars more depending on the top up amount.

Need Help? Let's chat.