cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay

AngieCupello
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Y'all I have auto pay set up on my acct but it is no fail that every month I have to go in & manually go in & do the payment even though my V/D card number is in there under autopay & has been for at least 3 months.

Anybody else have this issue?

13 REPLIES 13

AngieCupello

I am using a Tangerine V/D card which is the same company my other V/D was with & it was pulling the payment automatically but now with my new card it won't do it.

AngieCupello

What you are saying below should be the process but it is not the process as PM has my card info in my profile and has yet to once pull out a payment which means PM is costing me more for my service every month because I have to get a voucher & these cost more. There is no way to add PM to my banking to pay direct from there or I would do it and save the hassle.

AngieCupello

I only have one V/D card & it seems to be a malfunction within their system. I have my card number in my account & so it should automatically be taking the money from my account & yes I have taken my card out & re-entered it in doesn't make any difference still doesn't work.

PS: I don't have the old V/D card as it no longer worked and this one was a replacement for that one just with a different card number and expiry date.

@AngieCupello wrote:

Yes it does I have been using a V/D card for years it wasn't until the last 3 months that I have had to do manually even though my card number is in there.

If you V/D is stored in PM and you can use it to top up manually....then contact a MOD. 

AngieCupello

Yes it does I have been using a V/D card for years it wasn't until the last 3 months that I have had to do manually even though my card number is in there.

@AngieCupello 

You have a visa debit card that does not work for auto pay. You have to top manually. What are you using to top up with? Visa Debit card, credit card, voucher?

@AngieCupello , what you are experiencing is definitely unusual.  I suggest clicking on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the website and initiate a support ticket to have you account looked into. 

AngieCupello

My phone stops working that is the problem, which means it is not auto-renewing like it should with my V/D card that is on file. I have no other cards I can use.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AngieCupello wrote:

Y'all I have auto pay set up on my acct but it is no fail that every month I have to go in & manually go in & do the payment even though my V/D card number is in there under autopay & has been for at least 3 months.

Anybody else have this issue?

You account will show as SUSPENDED or EXPIRED on the evening of your renewal. Later on, any rewards you have will be converted to Available Funds. Then your account will use those funds to renew. If there's not enuff in Available Funds, then it goes to your on-file credit card to fund the renewal.

It's a clunky renewal process that looks like you are in trouble....but as long as the phone is working, just leave things alone. As long as you have a valid credit card or debit card on file and set to Autopay...it should be good.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried to remove it and then add it back ?

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @AngieCupello 

When you say you had to manually top up - are you doing so after the renewal date has passed and did you lose service every time?

If not - - it's possible you're seeing the account status as being "expired" on self-serve (a normal message - albeit confusing) the day prior to renewal and you maybe you think the payment card isn't going to work?

(EDIT:  if the above is not the case - definitely try replacing it with another payment card or clearing it all together and re-entering the original Visa debit card)

softech
Oracle
Oracle
did you try with another CC?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have not had any issues in almost 2 years. Sorry to hear auto pay is not working out for you.

Have you tried contacting mods through the chat bot? https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.