cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay

bros3n
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have autopay, a credit card on file, and 7 dollars in (from credits). last month, I made sure to have enought dollars on on my account for the changes, as I changed plans, and the community said for seamless services, that was best. This month, I left it as was. I rec'd the 611 text saying it was coming due and to ignore it if autopay was active. My payment was due last night at midnight. This morning, no transactions on account history or credit card, and account is suspended. I topped up with the 31 dollars I needed to continue my service, and service started. 

Is this a normal procesession? Does autopay not just charge your card after using the available credits? 

21 REPLIES 21

bros3n

No, my phone had stopped working completely, as soon as I topped up the account manually, it started again right away 

@blessedmomYou only get $2 off only if you have a credit card in the system for autopay. Bonus MB depends on the plan you are subscribing to.. so do pay attention to the details.

blessedmom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you use a voucher to pay monthly, I understand that you get the $2 per 30 day payment, but do you also get the bonus MB?  

Thank you

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bros3n wrote:

I have autopay, a credit card on file, and 7 dollars in (from credits). last month, I made sure to have enought dollars on on my account for the changes, as I changed plans, and the community said for seamless services, that was best. This month, I left it as was. I rec'd the 611 text saying it was coming due and to ignore it if autopay was active. My payment was due last night at midnight. This morning, no transactions on account history or credit card, and account is suspended. I topped up with the 31 dollars I needed to continue my service, and service started. 

Is this a normal procesession? Does autopay not just charge your card after using the available credits? 

@bros3n  Quite honestly I think you jumped the gun and made payment. Lately the renewal process via AutoPay is taking longer than usual to complete. If your phone worked you could have ignored the suspension message and the payment history would have reflected the payment within the next day.

@popping that's a good point,something to keep in mindSmiley Happy

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Public Service Announcement

I am not against manual adding fund to account before renewal date with the autopay enabled.  But don't over do it and add more fund than needed because PM service is prepaid srvice and there is no refund when you leave PM.  If you add 6 months worth of fund to your account, you are creating a virtual 6 months contract.

I was attracted to Speakout topup $100 and get $25 credit.  When I discovered PM $10 50/50 plan about 1 year ago right after I topup $100 at Speakout, I locked myself to a virtual contract at Speakout, it took me 11 months to used my $125 fund in my Speakout account.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

OK then makes sense..   You maunually top up   $XXXX  and $XXXX plus tax is taken from CC right away.  Got it.

CellGirl

@bravo_md wrote:

The PM autopay system still has to take the tax from your CC automatically. Doesn't it?

@bravo_md 

When I make a manual payment of the Amount Due, the tax is reflected on my credit card.

@bravo_md hi your tax is paid when you buy your voucher or use your cc

bros3n

yes, there is tax taken at the time. 

bravo_md

The PM autopay system still has to take the tax from your CC automatically. Doesn't it?

CellGirl

@bros3n 

I'm one of those people that always makes a manual payment each month, while keeping autopay enabled. So although the public mobile system never automatically charges my card, I'm still getting the $2 autopay discount, and peace of mind that my service will remain active 🙂  

bros3n

@RossN I didnt know i could do that with 611, thank you, that will make things easier. I appreciate the tip. 

bros3n

It's still a very inexpensive service. I think I'll just put the same amount of dollars in that I would if I had been autopaying my old contract, and have service for 4 months! 

@bros3n 

Autopay can be unreliable.  Some more experienced users will frequently top off fund before renewal to prevent failures.  Kinda defeats the purpose of autopay.  Some users frequently get autopay problems, while others never have issues with autopay.  

@bros3n hi in my opinion yes you will still get your 2 dollar auto pay you can top up anytime on your phone*611 or in your self serve account

bros3n

interesting. So, is it better to just keep funds on the account? 

bros3n

the plan change was last month. this month everthing should have completely remained the same, which is why I was confused. 

this is month 3 with this service if that clears it up 

bravo_md

Last night the PM system was down for about 4 hours for maintenance. This could have had something to do with your autopay problem.   

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@bros3n  hi yes thats the way it is supposed to work although on a plan change there seems to be alot of issues in that case i always top off my account  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Autopay should automatically charge your credit card.   Contact a moderator for assistance.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.