cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay not working

Ngoik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is the second month in a row my auto pay didn't kick in and my plan has expired. It's getting frustrating!

Anyone else having this issue?

23 REPLIES 23

ThosD

Problem solved! Talked to my wife and we've decided to go without cell phones. It's all just too much hassle for too little return

ThosD

I/we have lives and don't spend our time checking to see how our PM accounts are doing daily. If the company wished to conduct business strictly online, then it should make it's technology bullet proof, no excuses.  Otherwise it loses credibility and customers.  I'm leaving next month.

@RhondaT7 

Just got to say not a fan of Wal-Mart. 7/11, Shell stations and SDM are all guaranteed to be valid right away and you can add them thru 611 as soon as you buy it. Dial 611 then press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin code. Once added successfully it will reactivate your account automatically if it's suspended or send you a confirmation text that your payment was added successfully. Reboot if necessary. 

This will give you real examples of vouchers and other payment options...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

If you like I can give you a test card to see if you can add it to your account that has a $0.10 balance but will give you the autopay $2 reward if you can add it until you can get your card added to your account. Private message me if you are interested.

@RhondaT7...I'm sure either is fine. Just ask to make sure the voucher is "activated" right away...some aren't activated until several hours after sale.

Check at your local Shell gas station too.

RhondaT7

I'm in Ontario. I thought I could go to a Telus but they could not help. Is 7-11 or Walmart better? I just want to fix it. It's my only phone and I'm getting very annoyed.

@RhondaT7...if you're out west, try London Drug or Shell gas stations anywhere in Canada. I'd never recommend walmart to anyone...but if it's close by, why not !

edit...here's another option. Haven't heard any bad reviews about them...

https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up?aid=125&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6sHzBRCbARIsAF8FMpXqFD...

RhondaT7

Yes I am trying to figure out where I can get a payment voucher. Good recommendation for sure. Thanks.

@RhondaT7...while the CS group work on resolution, I suggest you go to retail outlet like 7-11 and get payment vouchers to top up your expired account...ad them by dialing 611 from your phone.

As already suggested...a few days before your next renewals, consider manually adding $$ to your account to minimize disruption caused by Autopay failure. You'll still get the Autopay Rewards ($2) as long as you have a cc set to Autopay your account.

RhondaT7

Thank you - I have received a response and have provided what they have asked. They say they have sent the info on to the Finance department. I'm hoping this gets sorted soon. Driving me crazy.

@RhondaT7 

Are you still having trouble? If it was rejected the first time today when you tried then talk to customer service. They resolved my issue today in 8 minutes! I personally prefer private message. This is my method.....ask for a review link when you are done.

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team. (now CSA's)

To send a private message to the CSA's click below : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RhondaT7

Afraid not. I only keep 1 card on purpose.

@RhondaT7   Any chance you have another credit card to try?

you cannot try with the same credit card too many time or it will trigger a fraud lock on PM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RhondaT7 

you can Remove your credit card and Logout and

clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

or you can try it for a different Browser

and use a Browser from your computer, is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

for microsoft edge how to update your browser visit Here 

and do Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and log in and re entered your credit details,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

How To Update Or Remove Your Payment Card

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details,

1. sign in to  Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, or ‘Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • Customer Service by CS_Agent, will Response by private message to you inbox
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

RhondaT7

Thank you, I did try that but it didn't work 😞

AshleyDH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That happened to me and I had to update my card, my card had “expired” and I forgot to update my auto pay.

@RhondaT7 

Put your unit number in your street address ie. 101 - 123 1ST AVE E , CITY, PROV, X0X0X0

I will give you my whole guide...

RhondaT7

I didn't have a problem last month but I did have it this month and my account is suspended. I have not been able to make my payment (maybe because I live in a condo and can't enter in my unit number??) so I am dead in the water. Very aggravating. I'm waiting for a response to the support ticket I opened yesterday.

@Ngoik 

If you have no issues making a manual payment then contact the moderators and ask that they open a ticket with the tech team to look into what is causing autopay to fail. Be sure to get the reference # for that ticket so you can easily check on its progress as you get close to your next renewal.

If there had been no resolution then consider topping up manually before renewal to ensure the continuation of your service. I personally have never relied on autopay to pay for my plan its only there for me just in case I forget to pay for my plan.....that and the $2 reward and autopay data bonus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ngoik 

you can Remove your credit card and Logout and after 2 minutes

How To Update Or Remove Your Payment Card

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to  Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here,

you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..Remember, we accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

after Remove your credit card do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about a 1 minute and put it back on,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

and if still not fix it please you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team, 

if you missing the rewards for AutoPay a $2

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%. 

Here’s How To Contact Customer Service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

Good Luck

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ngoik...to avoid future failure of Autopay...try this. Manually pay enuff funds to Available Funds, a few days before next renewal. That way the renewal doesn't look to your cc for $$...and you'll still get Autopay Reward of $2 every time plan renews.

It's not the best...but drastically reduces chances of the dreaded autopay failure. You'd think PM would have made autopay a bullit-proof function...but it's been an issue for several years now.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

is  manual pay working?    try to do a manual pay using the existing card on the system first.  

if still fail, any chance you have a 2nd card you can use instead?  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It sometimes happens that autopay fails.  You could try removing and adding back your credit card or try using a different credit cards

Need Help? Let's chat.