cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay not working this month...

olow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been on Public since Feb 2020... I set up my Auto Pay with my Visa. Just this month in July my account got deactivated for non-payment.  My credit card payments were processed find the previous months. So, I remove my credit card information, then re-enter the Visa.  The system will not accept this card, states there is a processing error. I tried re-entering three times with no success.  Finally I switch to a MasterCard and the system accepts it.  This makes no sense?

I recently tried to change my Auto Pay back to my Visa and the system will not accept the card.  What's up??? I don't want my phone to be disconnected again for failure to pay, when it isn't my fault.

8 REPLIES 8

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@olow if you don't want to have your service interrupted then make manual payments in advance to avoid that issue, you can do this for more than one month if you like. remember, you have the ability to make this service reliable. 

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@olow you can speak with the moderators about this maybe your visa has been locked out and they need to allow this card in the background? Only the moderators could do this though. 

@olow wrote:

Thanks... I've tried different browsers.  The issue is that it will take my MC, but not my Visa.

I've confirmed with Visa, that the card is active and no attempt was made by Public to charge my cc. Public needs to provide a better error reason.

@olow  Maybe that VISA is being rejected by PM's CC processor because of high fees. Is it a high rewards cc? 

If you tried too many times it may be flagged by the system.

In that case only moderators can help

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

olow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks... I've tried different browsers.  The issue is that it will take my MC, but not my Visa.

I've confirmed with Visa, that the card is active and no attempt was made by Public to charge my cc. Public needs to provide a better error reason.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear that this happened to you.  Sometimes autopy fails @olow . Your visa was probably blocked for attempts. Wait until tomorrow and try putting it back as your autopay card. Did you recently move and forget to change your address? Or get a new visa card and forgot to update it? Just to clarify, the payment was made from your Mastercard, and your services are working properly now. 

When entering your Visa credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also your cache and cookies then reboot.  Try waiting an hour between attempts.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address “exactly” as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank. If needed enter your apartment number in the street address field.

Note: The credit card will get locked after a few failed attempts. You will then have to contact a moderator for assistance to have it unlocked.

In case autopay fails again in the future add funds to you account for the renewal.  Leave the cc on file for the $2 reward.

If you require assistance. Contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.