cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay not Working-- Phone not topped up. Enrolled on Autopay for 8 months

ashleyb17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, 

I am currently set up with Auto Pay for my phone each month. I've had it set up with my credit card for the last 7-8 Months. Every single month Public Mobile withdrawals my funds, and by early morning I usually have a text message saying " thank you for your payment"

Today my bill is due. No withdrawal took place. I received a text stating that my auto pay rewards ($2) and my Customer rewards ( $5) have been applied. So a total of $7.00 however my plan is currently suspended. No funds were taken from my account either. 

Are there any issues with auto pay today or this month? is there a work around i can try?????? Please Help, I Haven't been able to use my phone all day, i have a few errands to run today and i need my service. 

13 REPLIES 13

fleets15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had this happen to me recently, I couldn't reactivate with my credit card, so I removed the current credit card and added a different one.  That fixed the problem, I just needed to rejoin autopay for the new card.

@LindsayBlair if you really need service you can stop by an esso and do an instant top up

instant top up-01.jpeg

@LindsayBlair wrote:

This same thing has happened to me, but I can't make a payment because the online service won't let me verify my credit card! So I can't pay my bill and I can't reactivate my phone. It's so frustrating!

I'm also pretty mad that they but my service one day after the payment was due!

If you have a valid cc on your account...try dialing 611 to add $$ to your account.

Alternative is to get a payment voucher from retail provider or use services of on-line payment such as recharge.com or ding.com.

LindsayBlair
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This same thing has happened to me, but I can't make a payment because the online service won't let me verify my credit card! So I can't pay my bill and I can't reactivate my phone. It's so frustrating!

I'm also pretty mad that they but my service one day after the payment was due!

@ashleyb17 wrote:

Hi there,

No, I haven't changed or updated my credit card or information. No changes towards my account whatsoever. 

I also received a reply stating there are sometimes small auto pay issues,  and to simply make a manual payment. I was going to do that as my next step, just wanted to ensure there wouldn't be duplicate payments, meaning I pay manually, and Public Mobile STILL takes it out the $50.00 later today.. I believe that's the only solution right now. 

Thanks for your reply! have a great day 

For reference...please let us know how you get this issue straightened out. Failure of Autopay is now a daily occurrence, although there can be many reasons.

Going forward...consider manually adding enough $$ to your Available funds, a few days before renewal. I know it's not the ideal work-around, but it does seem to make the renewal process happy.

ashleyb17

Thank you , 

Great info. I will try that 🙂

ashleyb17

Hi there, 

Thank you very much for your reply. 

I think this may be the best solution, I was thinking of doing that earlier, I just did not want to pay manually, and the system ends up taking out the exact same payment. 

Thank you for your help, I will make a payment, if i have any further issues I will contact a moderator. 

Kind regards, 🙂

ashleyb17

Hi there,

No, I haven't changed or updated my credit card or information. No changes towards my account whatsoever. 

I also received a reply stating there are sometimes small auto pay issues,  and to simply make a manual payment. I was going to do that as my next step, just wanted to ensure there wouldn't be duplicate payments, meaning I pay manually, and Public Mobile STILL takes it out the $50.00 later today.. I believe that's the only solution right now. 

Thanks for your reply! have a great day 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ashleyb17 Autopay can fail time to time unfortunately. Please do a manual payment and reactivate your account. Then, restart your phone.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

This happens from time to time, it can be anywhere between pubic mobile and your credit card company.

Withdraw the funds manually and hit reactivate button.

You may have to restart your phone

If it doesn't work try adding one more dollar and restart.

If you're still suspended you will probably need to contact moderators.

Also don't worry paying manually it by vouchers will not affect your autopay, make sure that your autopay subscription didn't cancel. You can set that on your reward section

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ashleyb17 If you your autopay has a valid card you likely need assistance from the moderators.

To get a ticket click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. Click it then login and pick the topic, if needed, from the drop down menu. To confirm your ticket has been submitted, check the SENT box in your private messages; click the small envelope beside your avatar at top right on your screen.

Also, to get service now call 611 and see if you can make a manual payment for the balance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ashleyb17 hello have you received a new credit card lately? you may have to update your information in your self serve

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ashleyb17  every 30 day cycle there are some autopay failures. You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

If this fails, contact the moderators and ask them to apply payment for you and to reset your service. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.