cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay never works

thedangler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I've been with public mobile for 3 cycles of 90 day payments.  I've always signed up for auto billing but NOT once has it worked.  This time I had to load up my credits and mark my phone as lost just to get it activated again.. WTF is going on?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thedangler wrote:

@Anonymous 
No idea whats wrong. This CC should be fine. I use it with other services.

I had another CC on when I first signed up but for some reason after the first payments and top ups public mobile would wouldn't process it.  So I switched CC's
Very strange.

Also, I run a payment processing company and gateway, so I know how this stuff works.

This is just bad user experience all around.

I don't know. There are many thousands of customers happily going along enjoying the service and not giving it a second thought as it keeps renewing on their autopay.

I use a prepaid card just to get the $2 reward but it doesn't charge it.

You're using a Canadian or American issued Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Visa Debit card that is using a Canadian or American address right?

thedangler

@Anonymous 
No idea whats wrong. This CC should be fine. I use it with other services.

I had another CC on when I first signed up but for some reason after the first payments and top ups public mobile would wouldn't process it.  So I switched CC's
Very strange.

Also, I run a payment processing company and gateway, so I know how this stuff works.

This is just bad user experience all around.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thedangler wrote:

@Anonymous 

This seem to fix it.
This really needs to be addressed.

There are several quirks and oddities around here. It's a low-budget hands-on service. You just gotta keep a bit of an eye on it.

Do you use the same card for other recurring type charges like memberships, subscriptions and such? Maybe talk to the cc issuer to see if these kinds of purchases are allowed. And online purchases.

thedangler

@will13am 

I know I had auto payment set because it gave me the 6$ everytime
It is not taking my money.
I was able to manually pay with the same CC on file.

thedangler

@Anonymous 

This seem to fix it.
This really needs to be addressed.

@thedangler wrote:

@stonechucker 

Yes, I restarted my phone.

How do I private message a mod?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

here @thedangler. and give them details. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..patience..

thedangler

@stonechucker 

Yes, I restarted my phone.

How do I private message a mod?

Have you restarted your phone?  Have you contacted the moderator_team via private message?

thedangler

Still not working.

I tried lost/stolen and reset my phone.

I can't make out going calls, the number format is correct.

Public mobile is just F'd right now. this is terrible.

thedangler

@stonechucker 

I've called this number 100's of times, its my most recent call. I'm not manually calling it.

@thedangler, local (or any calls) not working could be a misdialled number.  I still have some contact entries I need to adjust to being only numeric in my list.  Sometimes, when you try to dial a missed call, the format of that number could be messed up also.

thedangler

@Dunkman 
I did that already. I'll try it again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thedangler 

The other thing to try is to manually add another $1 to your account and restart the phone.

Has been known to work for some problems.

@thedangler 

If your account is not working properly right now with active status, you can try the lost/stolen phone trick.  It seems to reset your SIM and does solve several account issues in the past.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

thedangler

Payment never went through.
My phone currently only lets me send SMS messages and my local phone calls are not working.
My account is active.

I had to top up my account manually with the SAME CC I used last time and what was on file when auto pay should have worked.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Have you tried deleting the credit card on file and saving it again? And doing a minimal test payment with it? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@thedangler, auto pay does work.  I have been on it from day one and not a single failed payment.  I am wondering if there is an issue with the payment card.  Try doing a manual $1 top up to see if the top up goes through.  Alternatively, reach out to the moderator team to see if there is something wrong with the account not fully accepting the payment card.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@thedangler, what is prompting you to top up your account?

The payment date is when funds must be available in your account unless you're on AutoPay.  AutoPay takes money after midnight, the day following the payment date.

This is normal operation.  As long as your device is working, you should have nothing to worry about.

What are you experiencing exactly?

Need Help? Let's chat.