cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay and Suspended Service

lisabanf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today was suppose to be the auto pay charge however my account is now suspended including no cell service all day. I tried entering a one time payment with my credit card and my husbands but it keeps telling me they cannot verify my information. We have been with public mobile for quite sometime and auto pay has not been an issue. 

18 REPLIES 18

rrajnish

Concur - using 611 is a good option to pay

Exaxtly @lisabanf the amount will be taken from the funds on the account. Keep the autopay credit card attached for the $2 cycle credit. Stay safe. 

@lisabanf yes, the funds will be taken out from the balance on your self serve and not from your credit card.

don't rely on auto-pay, it's not worth the headache. just pay for your plan like a normal prepaid plan.

I've payed for 3 months in advanced so I don't have to worry about it

lisabanf

So if I pay manually like that they will take the money from the credit on my account and not charge my credit card again? This is the first time this has happened...now I realized my daughters is suspended as well...I will try to remember to do this every month will save a lot of time and confusion. 

amount due-01.jpeg

@lisabanf Make it a practice to manually pay a few days ahead of your renewal date(just add the funds in your self serve) PM will subtract the auto payment from there instead of your credit/bank. you will still qualify for the $2 auto pay reward. you'll avoid all the headaches of your account being deactivated and then not being able to use your credit/debit to reactivate. sometimes the auto pay doesn't work correctly and it won't subtract funds from your credit/bank account. 

lisabanf

I will try this ha ha...thanks so much!

@lisabanf If the method above didn't work, Try adding the full amount of the plan cost + $1. If it works, hit the reactivate account button.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lisabanf 

By buying a physcial voucher from one of the places mentioned in a previous post 

and  calling 611 and putting the Voucher # in the amount would be applied onto the account and service will be restored. You could also use online vouchers with an instant top-up using Recharge,DoctorSim etc but an extra fee applies 

@lisabanf wrote:

So how do I get service again?

Try the lost stolen trick, log into your account, select plans/add-ons tab, select phone lost/stolen, then suspend service, log out and wait 5 mins and log back and report phone found and resume service.  Log out and restart your phone.

If that doesn't help submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

@lisabanf wrote:

@lisabanf 

1. Try re-activating by making a one-time payment for the plan cost + $1
  2. Try re-adding your credit card info via selfserve
  3. Purchase a voucher
  4. Contact the Public Mobile Moderator Team via the "?" bottom right.

lisabanf

@lisabanf wrote:

Credit card is good until 2023 and it has charged every month since we started with public mobile. All my other pre authorized payments are fine. Will try rebooting.

@lisabanf    You could dial 611 and make your payment from the CC or purchase a voucher for now as suggested earlier.

@lisabanf wrote:

Credit card is good until 2023 and it has charged every month since we started with public mobile. All my other pre authorized payments are fine. Will try rebooting.

@lisabanf  Noted, the problem is not your credit card. The problem is PM's payment processing system, it's old and grumpy and sometimes does not like to co-operate.

lisabanf

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@lisabanf  your card may be locked from too many attempts. Contact the oderators and ask them to apply payment for you. There are 2 ways to do this. To contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster - Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower - Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there. Stay safe. 

While you wait you Can try again to reactivate your service.  To activate a suspended account.

20200519_120048.jpg

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lisabanf 

Yeah once in a while a hip cup like this happens. Try using a different browser or clearing the cache of the browser. 

You could also buy a voucher and apply that to the account to get it out of suspended for the next month so you can switch cards if you want or to manage the card on the account 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lisabanf wrote:

Today was suppose to be the auto pay charge however my account is now suspended including no cell service all day. I tried entering a one time payment with my credit card and my husbands but it keeps telling me they cannot verify my information. We have been with public mobile for quite sometime and auto pay has not been an issue. 

@lisabanf  Unfortunately Auto-Pay is finicky and will fail once in a while. You can try to make a manual payment for your plan renewal + $1 and see if you can re-activate your account. 

In some occasions removing the Auto-Pay credit card and adding it back again will resolve the issue. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

2Capture.PNG

Two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"
Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

If you're having trouble registering or updating your credit card, here are a few tips you can try: 

1. Make sure the billing information you entered is exactly as shown on your credit card statement.
    2. Do not include any apartment/condo/suite numbers, and do not enter any special characters or abbreviations in the address line.

If you still can't get it going then best to purchase vouchers to get you plan up and running again.

vouchers.png

1. Xoom
    2. Recharge
    3. Ding

Hope this helps!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lisabanf wrote:

@lisabanf   Make sure the CC on account has not expired.  You can also try to replace that card with another if you have one.  Remember when filling out the information for a new card to duplicate the name/address exactly as your card/bank statement, leaving the apt# blank and no spacing in the postal code.

Also try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.