cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Pay Not Working

jcbryant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't make calls today because there's "no plan" in place.  But I'm on auto-pay and just yesterday got a message saying that I'd earned a credit for this.  What gives???

Tags (0)
9 REPLIES 9

@jcbryant wrote:

It was none of the above.  I've recently got a new credit card and Public Mobile was unable to complete the auto pay transaction because they had the wrong expiry date.  So my plan expired and I couldn't make calls. 

But what a mess!!!  How is it that sorting out a simple issue has just taken me an hour?  Why couldn't I have been given a nice message that actually explained things in the first place.  Something like "You can't make this call because your plan has expired.  Your auto-pay payment was declined by the card issuer.".   Arghhh!! It's enough to make one want to pay a bit more in order to deal with a company that has humans one can call when problems arise.

Well, while most companies that have a credit card on file will usually send the card holder a warning that their card is about to expire, and that would have been nice if PM had that same sort of thing in place, it IS, however, up to you, as the card holder, to realize that once you receive a new card, with a new expiry date, YOU should update any, and all, companies with the new information, so that just such a situation doesn't happen.

👀I have looked in my crystal ball. It says the answer is you got a new credit card and you didn't change the expiry date in your self service account and your autopay failed.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jcbryant wrote:

It was none of the above.  I've recently got a new credit card and Public Mobile was unable to complete the auto pay transaction because they had the wrong expiry date.  So my plan expired and I couldn't make calls. 

But what a mess!!!  How is it that sorting out a simple issue has just taken me an hour?  Why couldn't I have been given a nice message that actually explained things in the first place.  Something like "You can't make this call because your plan has expired.  Your auto-pay payment was declined by the card issuer.".   Arghhh!! It's enough to make one want to pay a bit more in order to deal with a company that has humans one can call when problems arise.

Thanks to all who replied, even if you were all off the mark.

That would be actually nice.

I'm glad you got it all fixed up!

Cheers

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jcbryant wrote:

I can't make calls today because there's "no plan" in place.  But I'm on auto-pay and just yesterday got a message saying that I'd earned a credit for this.  What gives???

@jcbryant 

Are you able to text still? 

sometimes the autopay acts up and does not go through( a lot of people have this issue)

If your phone is disconnected. Try to make a manual payment.

using a credit card/MasterCard. Also, check and see if it has charged you on your CC

If payment has been successful and it's still not working. Try restarting the phone  as see if it kicks in.

You can also submit a ticket for help by clicking the "?" at the bottom right of your screen

or

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as a recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post.

Cheers

jcbryant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks to all who replied, even if you were all off the mark.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jcbryant wrote:

Which plan do your have?

You may have used all your minutes if you have the $15 or $10 plan.

If you don see the minutes usage line, you had used all your minutes for the current cycle.

Is your account status acive?

If not, check the payment history to find out whether PM took money from your auotpay cc.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@jcbryant  It's quite common that autopay ffails for some people. The usual advice, is to log into your self-serve account, and hit the "reactivate" button.... possibly even add a manual payment of $1, and then hit that button.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jcbryant , I can't see what you are talking about? Can you please restart your phone?  Thanks.

@jcbryant wrote:

Tags (0)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes autopay does not get processed automatically.  Try making a manual $1 payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.