cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay Failed, Account Suspended

dlaforge
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account is currently set up on auto pay due to come out yesterday.

My account is now suspended as they did not take the payment.

How do I get my service back?

NOTE:
The following message appears when I log into my account:

Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

29 REPLIES 29

Moderators are currently short staffed.  You could try purchasing a voucher and call 611 to make a payment. Also you could use recharge.com or ding.com but there is a service charge.

jesulajulien
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes

nigelmootilal

Thank you so much for your help. But I sent them a message yesterday and still no response. I have no service and not sure what to do now 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nigelmootilal, If your phone has suddenly stopped working, and no payment has been taken from your card, then you will need to get in contact with the moderator team so that they can resolve this for you.

Did you check your self service account?  Does it show any payment being processed in the account history?

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

nigelmootilal

Hi there, it did not say that my auto-pay failed, but my renewal date was today June 1. My phone is not working, however.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nigelmootilal, Did you get a message indicating that your auto-pay failed?  What was your renewal date (from your self service portal)?  Most importantly, is your phone still working?

Please let us know so that we can guide you accordingly.

nigelmootilal

It's not working. Do I have to manual make payment or disregard the message?

dlaforge

Thank you for the reminder on forum etiquette. I’m sorry if my words have offended anyone. I meant no disrespect. I was simply speaking with clarity and with conviction.

If I’ve offended anyone with my tone, then, for this I sincerely apologies.

In other news, I’m pleased to announce that I am now in direct contact with the moderator team and will continue this discussion in a private environment, thus hopefully avoiding any confrontation in the public forums.

FYI: As it turns out, the solution to my problem with my account was simply to update my account profile to match that of my credit card profile.

As posted on the Edit Profile Page:

Update your personal information.  Just a heads up that if you’re updating your address and have registered a credit card to your account, be sure to update your credit card address as well by clicking here.

Hey @dlaforge,

Give the guy a break - He's attempting to help you out.  Most of us in the Commnity forums are just like you, and end user, and we attempt to help each other out.

This is a friendly place - please attempt to treat everyone with respect.

I understand your frustrations with your issue, but taking it out on someone who's only trying to help is not the response anyone deserves.

dlaforge

@mimmo wrote:

One other option you could go buy vouchers and pay that way.

Yet another obvious response. FYI: Voucers are inconvinient and not always available where you think they might be. Scenerio: If I were to have an emergency of some sort, like having to stay put. Do you think I would be in a possition to go out running to some corner variety store to purchase a voucher.

Besides thats the whole point of putting an account on AutoPay.

AutoPay = Convineince, Set it and forget it.

Seriously @mimmo, I thank you for your insight, but really you've done enough, Just sit this one out, its probaly best, cause your just fueling a really bad situation.

dlaforge

@mimmo wrote:

@dlaforge I am all out of "brilliant" ideas. I guess you will just have to wait for the mods to get back to you and fix your issue.

Sorry if you felt my replays were not helpful but they were based on experiences of other people in the forums.    That said account issues can only be solved by mods(unless the occasional workaround is found), who I believe you messaged long before even posting in the community.  Comnunity members have no access to accounts and reply based on past expeeiences. So really I do not know what you are wanting.  

The mods will get to your issue for in the order it is received. Hopefully that is soon.

In the meantime follow @Luddite suggestions if possible

Thanks once again for brilliantly restating the obvious @mimmo. It's beyond my comprehension why you would want to continue to clutter this thread and make things even more diffucult.

Out of the dozen or so replies in this thread, I see only one post by @Luddite that even resembles a viable response and a couple of others that actualy adress the "why?" factor.

At this point, I think I'll gather all the obvious points from this thread and compose a new a one so the FACTS are clear from the get go.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

One other option you could go buy vouchers and pay that way.

mimmo

@dlaforge I am all out of "brilliant" ideas. I guess you will just have to wait for the mods to get back to you and fix your issue.

Sorry if you felt my replays were not helpful but they were based on experiences of other people in the forums.    That said account issues can only be solved by mods(unless the occasional workaround is found), who I believe you messaged long before even posting in the community.  Comnunity members have no access to accounts and reply based on past expeeiences. So really I do not know what you are wanting.  

The mods will get to your issue for in the order it is received. Hopefully that is soon.

In the meantime follow @Luddite suggestions if possible

dlaforge

@mimmo wrote:

@dlaforge contact your credit card company to make sure PM did not actually charge your creditcard even though the message said it did not. this is a known issue that hapens sometimes. 

I have to agree with @gypsygrrl that PM is real good at stating the obvious.

It's a Visa Debit card tied to my bank account. I will check to make sure PM did not actualy post a charge.

Do you have any other brilliant solutions to our problem here @mimmo?

@dlaforge @gypsygrrl You're on the right track - only pay once, message the moderators. It 's no help but there have recently been a few issues with autopay.

While waiting for the repair you could make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. It's my backup for these situations which, fortunately, I have not needed in 3 years with PM.

You haven't indicated if this situation is just annoying, or really critical for you. If the latter, this may be of interest: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

Hang in there. The moderators will get it sorted.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

@dlaforge contact your credit card company to make sure PM did not actually charge  your creditcard even though the message said it did not.   this is a known issue that hapens sometimes. 

dlaforge

Update: I tried to pay the account manualy by clicking the re-activate my account button and received the following message. Note: I only have one card and it is setup to autopay my accoount. The card is valid is functioning as expected otherwise.

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card was declined by your card provider, so this purchase could not be completed. Contact your card provider for more information. Please note this can result when multiple payments are made too close together.

gypsygrrl

I have 6 dollars in my rewards account 

i did reboot my phone...twice.

i also contacted the mods. ..no response.

dlaforge

@mimmo I appriciate you wanting to help and all, however your responses all seem to be standard canned responses and frankly don't address the real issue. Can you kindly please refrain from replying to this thread, as doing so only adds more clutter to the disscussion and makes it more difficult for ohters with a viable solution to reply. Also you may want to consider enabling spell check before posting.

I have sent a private message to the moderators channel with the details as you susgested long before posting a message in the community. Thanking you in advance for reaching out. 

mimmo

@gypsygrrl  did yu get an error message during the payment?  what does your available funds say in self serve?

Have you tried rebooting your phone after payment as per lat item in first post of this thread https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Bugs-and-Quirks-at-Public-Mobile/m-p/2026...

have you contacted the mods asking for help?

gypsygrrl

I tried blindly paying twice. that didn' work either

i just want my phone to work.

dlaforge

@closng wrote:

Hi @dlaforge,

To add to what @mimmo said, if the system does not let you make a payment to renew your account, you will have to send a message to the moderators using the below link (be sure to include your account details such as account number, phone number and pin and a brief description of the issue):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@closng Thank you, I have sent a private message to the moderators channels. 

mimmo

@gypsygrrl why things fail at PM is a good question why these issues take so long to fix is another issue.

but  before blindly paying, to restore your service, ask the mods what the best course of action is, as they have the most knowledge.

i posted teh link in a prvious message

gypsygrrl

I only have 1 card to use and its set up to automatically come out.

dlaforge

@mimmo wrote:

if  you have no serice and auto pay did not go through then make a payment. and that should reactvate your account.  Did you get credited your autopay rewards?  

That is a typical message on the day of renewal.

With no service you usually have plan expired message and a make a paymet button.

Thank you for for your reply, although what you are susgesting may proove to be a viable solution, It still doesnt answer the question as to why Auto Pay failed nor does it really solve the problem. I'm not about to blindly pay for service when I dont know whats going on first.

Your reply is not realy helpful, but thanks just the same for reaching out. 

mimmo

@gypsygrrl  did you try a different credit card?  was there an eoor message when you tried processing the payment?  ( check theat your CC was really not charged, as that is a common issue with some payments even though the system says they were not charged

@gypsygrrland @dlaforge  it might be best to contact the mods  and see if this is a new issue facing the system

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address , pin number 
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @dlaforge,

To add to what @mimmo said, if the system does not let you make a payment to renew your account, you will have to send a message to the moderators using the below link (be sure to include your account details such as account number, phone number and pin and a brief description of the issue):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mimmo

if  you have no serice and auto pay did  not go through  then make a payment. and that shoudl reactvate your account.  did you get credited your autopay rewards?  

hat is a typical message on the day of renewal.

with no service you usually have plan expired message and a make a paymet button

gypsygrrl

Im having the same issue and it won't allow me to make my payment manually

Need Help? Let's chat.