cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking to get my money back from the account.

davelee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone. I changed my provider to another one and i topped up my balance twice. How can i get a refund from that since i'm no longer using Public Mobile? 

Thank you in advance. 

Problem solved. 
i contacted the Agent and said that i cannot get the refund but i can send it to my friend. I really appreciate it. 😁. Thank you so guys for helping me. 

12 REPLIES 12

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@barndoor : I have rather more than this OP in balance. It's made up of pretty much all rewards from here...not real money. If this were my business I would say tough noogies. If someone had deposited real money then maybe. The OP did deposit real money in this case. But then there's the policy. I'm not sure any prepaid provider would refund money sitting on account.

Absolutely if  its rewards that's whole nother kettle of fish  but if he/she put cash in thinking they were going to stay a while  then a little different .  Oh yeah..  from my dealings with them I would have no expectations of ever having the money returned from a telecom company  ...  others yes  but not them . 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davelee : You're kinda flipping around past/present/future tense. Did you port the number out? Can you still log in to the account?

And from my previous post...why did you deposit all that money?

@barndoor : I have rather more than this OP in balance. It's made up of pretty much all rewards from here...not real money. If this were my business I would say tough noogies. If someone had deposited real money then maybe. The OP did deposit real money in this case. But then there's the policy. I'm not sure any prepaid provider would refund money sitting on account.

barndoor

LOL ... maybe they should take some of that found money and hire a programmer to fix the glitches that drive some of these customers away . 

edited to ad : I agree that the result is as expected but I think unless there are factors we are not seeing it's  not  a marketing company's wisest move to not return at least a good portion of that size balance . 

But then some of my family members work for a company that allow you to return used products for refund   ...just because it is good for  customer morale  and earns customer loyalty bigtime .

Cool.. and the result is expected.

@hTideGnow wrote:

@davelee   you can try to open a ticket with PM and see what they say.  But in this situation , it's no fault of PM.  

Looks like she already did and got confirmation from CS

@davelee wrote:

... I email them and they say that when i change to another provider all the money in my account is gone.

@davelee   you can try to open a ticket with PM and see what they say.  But in this situation , it's no fault of PM.  

barndoor

@davelee wrote:

That’s my problem, i just forgot that this is a prepaid service. When i leave i don’t have to pay anything. I email them and they say that when i change to another provider all the money in my account is gone. I just lost 90$. 🥲

Unfortunately it's  the way prepaid works .  Can you port back or  set up another phone with PM  so you can use that money up  ...or give the phone to a friend and let them use it if  you can't use it yourself . You must have a PM sim card . If you reinstate something quickly surely they will let you use the $90

davelee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That’s my problem, i just forgot that this is a prepaid service. When i leave i don’t have to pay anything. I email them and they say that when i change to another provider all the money in my account is gone. I just lost 90$. 🥲

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davelee 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davelee : Why would you have deposited money in and then promptly leave? And did you port your number out? Was it that you had to reactivate the account from suspension to port out? Was there a problem making that payment? Is the transaction on your payment card still in Pending status (if it shows that distinction)?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@davelee wrote:

Hi everyone. I changed my provider to another one and i topped up my balance twice. How can i get a refund from that since i'm no longer using Public Mobile? 

Thank you in advance. 

Funds in your account are not refundable if you leave PM.

You can always contact CS but don't keep your hopes high.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@davelee  PM is  Prepaid service and generally does not provide refund. 

However, in your case, since it was topped up twice, maybe they will do an exception, please open ticket with PM directly:

To open a ticket with Customer Support Agent, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to CS_Agents (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.