cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask for full refund of my credit card overcharged

yylam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On May 12,I was tried to transfer my existing cell no from Telus to Public, however, it didn't work after I tried 3 times transactions. I'm exhausted and gave up. I finally transferred no to Chatr instead of your company. 

But, I found your company has charged my credit card account 3 times on May 12. 

11 REPLIES 11

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yylam wrote:

Obviously, it's not pending (or unarthorized) charged, it has been 3 times of post authorized charges now shown on my credit card statement. You may contact Frank,the assistant manager of WOW mobile Boutique at Woodside Square in Scarborough, Toronto. He can prove how unstable your system on May 12. 

I'm not gonna claim whose fault on that day and your system. I just want my money back since I'm never been your customer and not even activate the account.

Thx  

Whoa -- this happened at a MERCHANT!   That fella needs some tutorials on activating Public Mobile accounts.   LOL

If the charges have already cleared on the payment card, just dispute them with the credit card supplier if making contact to the Moderators (as just provided by @HALIMACS ) doesn't pan out.

@yylam 

To contact a moderator, send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

yylam

Alright. How can I open a ticket with Moderator? Pls tell me the process

@yylam  sound like the store gave you new SIM every time and try reactivate and hence you got charged.

Open a ticket with Mod and they should be able to sort it out without issue.

after you opened a ticket, make sure you come back to the Community here often and check your inbox here (the envelope on the top right beside your avatar).  Mod will communicate with you via private message.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yylam 

Sorry to hear this didn't work out for you.

As for the refund, we're fellow customers here helping other users so we can't do anything here.  Instead, it has been mentioned that you need to contact a Moderator (staff) by clicking on the chat bubble and opening a ticket through the SIMon chatbot or message them directly here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/22...

It may take a while to process, but the Moderator team has been quite responsive.  Worst case, you can dispute charges on your credit card.

Goodluck with Chatr.  🙂

yylam

Obviously, it's not pending (or unarthorized) charged, it has been 3 times of post authorized charges now shown on my credit card statement. You may contact Frank,the assistant manager of WOW mobile Boutique at Woodside Square in Scarborough, Toronto. He can prove how unstable your system on May 12. 

I'm not gonna claim whose fault on that day and your system. I just want my money back since I'm never been your customer and not even activate the account.

Thx  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@yylam wrote:

On May 12,I was tried to transfer my existing cell no from Telus to Public, however, it didn't work after I tried 3 times transactions. I'm exhausted and gave up. I finally transferred no to Chatr instead of your company. 

But, I found your company has charged my credit card account 3 times on May 12. 

@yylam 

I think you mean you re-tried the activation process more than once, perhaps causing the Public Mobile activation system to appear to charge you 3 times?

No fault whatsoever being placed here - the system is certainly not the most intuitive and user-friendly and users have found it temperamental (even 'unstable') at times.

Pending (or unauthorized) charges can 'rest' on a payment card until the merchant clears the transaction.   This usually takes a day or two, but can take up to a week in extraordinary circumstances.   Calling the card company is an option, however, until the merchant finalizes the transaction (by posting or withdrawing the charge), there's very little they can do until the amount 'settles'.

It is certainly a wise idea to start the process as described by others in contacting the Moderators.   They will sort this out for you.

Best of luck with Chatr!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yylam : I had a pre-auth stay around for several days. Longer than I would have thought. My card doesn't indicate Pending like some do. The SIM might be working with a temporary number due to your successful transfer to Chatr. But check with the bank to see if they're pending charges that would drop off soon.

@yylam 

You will need to contact moderator to help process refund.  I would not be surprised that your PM SIM card is working now.  

Click on the chat icon on the right corner of website.  Type:  contact human.  Follow prompts to submit ticket for moderator help.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

or you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.