cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else notice a difference in payment history vs your credit card statement ?

GlennK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just happen to be looking at my credit card statement and the payments don't seem to line up with my PM history payments/credits. Has anyone else noticed the same?

12 REPLIES 12

To put it in simple terms if your plan is 10 dollars you pay with a cc there will be tax added on (like most anything in this country) therefor 10 dollars plus 13% = 11.30 on your cc taxes are different depending which part of country you live of course

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How long this is happening  and what is the difference between your credit card statement and PM system? By the way, sales taxes for mobile phones are not based on residency. 

Mugsy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The tax is different in each province. My family has a BC # and an Ont # and I pay for both from the same credit card for the same $25/month plan. But the charges to the card are different.

GlennK

No I'm not and why I questioned the difference in the payment history vs my credit card statement.....as per my subject.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GlennK wrote:

it must be the taxes and I didn't know that the payment history is net amount......that would explan it, although I don't know why they would exclude that amount and just the whole payment.

Are you from Europe & recently moved to Canada? The reason I ask is because in most European countries the Price you see is the Price you pay. Here in Canada it's not like that. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GlennK You will paying applicable taxes that will not show in My Account. As long as they are not overcharging, that is fine then...

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When you are making payment you choose the amount before taxes, BUT after you make choice it actually gives you the total including taxes you can review it before you press ok to process. If you keep on reading further you will hit the tax disclaimerScreenshot_20190628-174106.png

GlennKK  as long as it all makes sense to you now that's the main thing 

GlennK

it must be the taxes and I didn't know that the payment history is net amount......that would explan it, although I don't know why they would exclude that amount and just the whole payment.

PMFanatic

@GlennK

What is the difference you are seeing between the two? It could be taxes or perhaps you have some rewards applied to make your actual bill less. For rewards, you have to look at when they are earned and when they are actually applied to your bill.

If you are not sure or believe there is an unjust discrepency, I would recommend messaging the kind folks at the Moderator_Team via this link to investigate your account and to provide some additional insight into your issue.

It helps to provide a detailed description of your problem and what your resolution goals are so they can best assist. If you are having troubles contacting the Moderator_Team, refer to the following knowledge base link. Expect a response within 1 hour or up to 48 hours depending on volumes...

Best of luck!

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

maybe because the taxes, when you are charged to credit card, it should plus the taxes, but payment history is net amount.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@GlennK have you  remembered that there is tax added on your credit card?

Need Help? Let's chat.