cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get refunded?

redfox
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I live in Toronto, but traveled to Phoenix from June-July. Right before my auto-pay (literally the hour before) I tried to change my plan to a cheaper one(because I wouldn't be using it while I was in Phoenix, but I didn't want to CANCEL because I needed service when I would come back home.)

Public Mobile website was down and it didn't let me:(

So I paid the full $120 even though I used the service for 4 weeks instead of 12.

I'm wondering if there's any way to get refunded, since I was unable to change my plan because of technical issues on PM's end. 

I pay for 3 months in advance and so it's a lot of money to spend when I could've spent 40 😞

TIA!

4 REPLIES 4

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Vballxox,

Thats actually amazing.  Its great that PM took care of you like that.  

Vballxox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was a pioneer customer and out of th country for 6 months which meant my plan and number would expire (expires after 3 months). I called in and PM was nice enough to put a credit on my account to renew my plan for one month so that I could keep my number and legacy plan

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @redfox,

Keep in mind that if you change plans, you will not be able to get back on the plan that is no longer being offered. So, if you are on any promo or old plan that offers better value, its better to stick to the plan.  

For future, its better to let the plan expire by disabling autopay and not making payment to renew the plan.  Your account would remain in suspended state for up to 90 days from the date of plan expiry before you permanently lose the account.  So, you can come back from vacation anytime before 90 days are up, make a payment and reactivate on the same plan you were previously on.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

You will need the help of a moderator to obtain a refund. The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link. Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.