cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding texting and calling feature

jerryst01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So i have just got my PM Sim card this morning and i signed for a 35$ plan that consists of 1 GB of data only.
Now i want to receive text from my bank to activate my bank account.
So how can i add the calling and texting feature to my plan?
Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

tazzy_s
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't happen to notice the 1gb data only til recently. 

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will need to switch to this plan:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/35for1GB-3G

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tazzy_s the orriginal poster stated they bought only data.  this means they have no ability to send or receive sms messages nor voice calls.

@jerryst01  as mentioned above your oly option is to wait for mods and ask them fro a plan change or if it is urgent add funds and do an immideate plan change, hoping the mods will be understanding and credit you back as available funds the orriginal purchase.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @jerryst01

If you got the $35 plan that inlcudes 1GB of 3g data ONLY, then you will not be able to send or receive texts. I can see that it is possible to build that plan. That plan does not have it. 

However, for the same cost, you can add both unlimited texting and unlimited Cda Wide calling because discounts kick in when you start to add multiple services. So I would log into your account and make the switch using the Change Plan feature. If you are close to renewal I would add enough funds first and then make the switch now. If you have just created your account within a few days, you may be able to reach out to the moderators and they may be able to make the switch for you behind the scenes to add these features to your account. They are very busy now so it could take a day or 2 to get back, so depending on how quick you  need this fixed, you may have to just add the funds now and make the switch yourself.

To send a private message to the moderator team -  They are available 7 day/weeks but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Good luck

tazzy_s
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Texting should already be ready to use assuming you activated your sim and set up your account. You can send yourself a test texting as the 35$ plan should have unlimited texting along with unlimited Canada talk along with 1gb of cellular data

Need Help? Let's chat.