cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new Credit Card to account (because old one expired)

gill9469
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The credit card connected to my account has recently expired and i want to register the new credit card. But, i am unable to find the option to change it via phone and i cant access the online platform because i forgot my password and it wont let me reset it.

how can i reactivate my phone. I just need to add the new credit card. thats all.

thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gill9469  Try to access selfserve with the new password. Others have reported that even though the reset password shows an error it will still accept the new password.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gill9469 wrote:

The credit card connected to my account has recently expired and i want to register the new credit card. But, i am unable to find the option to change it via phone and i cant access the online platform because i forgot my password and it wont let me reset it.

how can i reactivate my phone. I just need to add the new credit card. thats all.

thank you.

For now you should perhaps purchase a voucher and load your payment by dialling 611.  Vouchers are available at retailers, like Can/Tire, Walmart, also at convenience stores and gas stations, or online at recharge.com, ding.com and xoom.com but there will be an additional fee for the online purchase.

You can message moderators for a password reset via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, then select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the prompts to finish.  The reset email has a two hour expiry timeline so check back often for the reply otherwise another password would be needed once the 2 hours has passed.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gill9469  wait 1 hour from last attempt,  clear your browser history,  go yo private/ incognito mode and try again to change your password. If this doesn't work,  contact the moderators directly through private message here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ask them for a temporary password 

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Once you get back into your self service account add your credit card here

Make a patment.png

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Stay safe 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@gill9469 hi you can contact a moderator bottom right corner ? they can reset your password for you

Need Help? Let's chat.