cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding credit to another SIM not in Canada

Katrinak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

How do I add credit to another SIM card, not currently in Canada? My husband is out of the country and returning in July but don’t want his SIM to expire. Any tips?

6 REPLIES 6

@Katrinak wrote:

Hi, 

How do I add credit to another SIM card, not currently in Canada? My husband is out of the country and returning in July but don’t want his SIM to expire. Any tips?

Since you're married, I don't see this as that much different than any other suspended account or payment to top up the account. I would just go into the account and and a top up voucher either using a voucher purchased online or in a store or just add your credit card to the account and make a manual payment.

@Katrinak  Find out your husband's renewal date and the date he has to renew by if he's suspended and just add funds and unsuspend his account and reactivate at least 5 days ( so you have some wiggle room) before the 90 day deadline. Make sure you can access his account to add a voucher or credit card payment.

If he's signed up for autopay it will automatically renew (unless autopay fails) so you should check on the account monthly. If you wish to save money on plan fees and there is no balance but a credit card is registered for autopay  then log in and report the phone lost/stolen this suspends the account and no charges will be billed to the credit card. Then on day 85 top up the account to cover the plan and report the phone found and reactivate the account.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Katrinak 

Do you have access to his selfserve?

Is he already suspended? He can be suspended up to 90 days without losing his account.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Katrinak wrote:

Hi, 

@Katrinak  As long as you know the phone number you can purchase a voucher from one of the following locations"

PM-Pay1.JPG

PM-Pay2.JPG

Then call 1-855-4PUBLIC, enter the phone number and add the funds to their account by entering the voucher number from the receipt.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Katrinak wrote:

Hi, 

If he had enable autopay, his account will continue to renew in the future renewal dates.

You can monitor his account by login to his account to determine whether his account renews correctly.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Katrinak is your husband not on autopay? As long as the account is active and not suspended, then add the funds through 611 and the renewal process will apply them. Use this link to see how

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352#M20315

Need Help? Let's chat.