cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding cash to my account

Kenn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I just add cash to my account without being charged tax till I actually pay for a service

Example:   had a $10.00 credit in my account and changed my plan to $10.00,   30 day,  50 min. plan so when trying to add $1.20 to my account to cover the taxes I was only credited with $1.07 and .13 cents went to taxes and did not show as a credit to my account

Kenn

6 REPLIES 6

Kenn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Used a credit card

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When funds are added to your account the tax is already paid. The funds taken out to pay for service have been taxed before added to account. Depending on your province you may pay less or more then others depending on what the provincial tax rate is.

You did not have to add $1.20. You already had enough.  You would have already paid tax on the $10 in your account.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Kenn wrote:

How do I just add cash to my account without being charged tax till I actually pay for a service

Example:   had a $10.00 credit in my account and changed my plan to $10.00,   30 day,  50 min. plan so when trying to add $1.20 to my account to cover the taxes I was only credited with $1.07 and .13 cents went to taxes and did not show as a credit to my account

Kenn

A while ago I wrote down this analogy around available funds, amounts due, renewal etc: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Taxes-not-added-in-payment-hi...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KennThe amounts shown on the PM self serve portal only show the amounts without tax.  When you purchase a voucher, you pay tax on the amount (depending on where you buy it).  But the amount that goes into your account is the amount before tax.  It is similar with CC payments.  The net amount goes to your account, but your CC is charge the amount PLUS tax.

Hope that clarifies things.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
What did you use to add funds? Credit card, voucher?
Need Help? Let's chat.