cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a phone for my 90 year old mother

yyz53
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a PM account and just ordered a SIM so I can give a iPhone6 to my mother so we can exchange email and photos during the pandemic.  How do I set it up so I manage the account and do all the payments from my account???

5 REPLIES 5

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@yyz53 wow 90 thats impressive! 

I manage my moms account.

I set up the account with all her information, wrote the PIN down and for payment put my info in there. 

I have all her info written down. When you speak to a moderator its through messaging anyway so as long as you have all the account info you will be fine. I use my own credit card to pay for her account as well. Which you can do for your mother as well. Just make sure the address is for the payment card corresponds with your address not your moms. 

Does she have a phone number already?

If not you can use a Public Mobile phone number. Make sure her phone is unlocked. Activate it and you are all set. 

I would set it all up for her get it running then give it to her. Thats what I did to make sure there were no issues. Now shes a happy momma. 🙂 

Welcome your mom to Public Mobile for us. It would be amazing if you got her a community account and she was ble to post in here! 😀

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yyz53 

Is your mother told you that she want an iPhone?

If not, you may want to let her try your phone first if you have an iPhone.

For older senior, a flip phone may be easier to use.  Just saying.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@yyz53  Activate the new sim card using an email alias.You can use the same credit card. Once you activate and setup her selfserve account your done.

You can manage her account using selfserve or by dialing 1-855-4PUBLIC.

Don't forget to use your referral code when activating the second account.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You need to create a new account with a new email address. You can create it using your information if you would like and put your cc on it. You can manage the account as if it was yours. If you have gmail you can make an alias for your email.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Just activate sim using the link in your overview

You will need another email for her but can use same cc

Advice, since you will probably have to deal with mods if there are any issues it's better to put your name and address, you can change it any time.

If you use Gmail use alias like name.mom@gmail for your name@gmail address

Screenshot_2020-06-05-20-53-10~2.png

Need Help? Let's chat.