cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Public Mobile as a Payee at RBC

Lindsaylee2222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm trying to add my Public Mobile account as a Payee to my Royal Bank account but I can not find it as an option as a Payee.  I can find Bell, Rogers really all of the phone provider s around here, but Public Mobile.  No, I do believe Public Mobile is a subsidary of Telus, now Telus is in the list of players, there are a few, Telus Communications, AMP'D Mobile powered by Telus, Telus Custom Security Systems ltd, Telus integrated telecommunication, Telus mobility.mobilite, Telus Services Inc....

Now these are the options for Telus.  If I am correct about Telus running public Mobile, now I have my public Mobile account number, would any of these work under payee in my royal bank account?  Moving forward this would be very useful information, and would greatly add to the ease of paying my bill each month.  If there is another name it is under of if public Mobile is a subsidary of a different mobile service, could someone please tell me what the correct name of the payee should be?  Please?  I need to know this as soon as possible, I know I CAN pay via my account portal with the public Mobile site but I really want them set  up as a Payee through my bank account   .  Thank you!!! Lindsay

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nathan2001 

Visa/debit is an acceptable method of payment. Who told you it is not? If it was an unacceptable method of payment it would not be on or rather accepted as a method of payment register to your account. Have you tried adding a Top-Up amount via 611?

Nathan2001

It doesn’t work bc they say credit card and I have a visa debit 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nathan2001 

Okay the quick solution here is calling 611 and adding a Top-Up payment by using your four digit account pin so that you can access that section and you can choose from a pre-selected amount of credit card top up amounts so you can make. That will get funds loaded onto your account and allow for payments.

Keep in mind you cannot pay for your plan amount ahead of time you can only top up your account which only allows you right now to top up your full plan payment. Yes very stupid with the new self service accounts but that's the way it is at the moment. If you want to purchase an add-on you can go to the add-ons page choose the add-on you wish to purchase and it's only a one step method now versus the former two-step method of adding funds and then purchasing the add-on. Now you can just purchase the add-on in one fell swoop. See if it either of these methods are going to work for you for the purposes that you have today.

Nathan2001

Same with add ons 

Nathan2001

It’s on my payment method but when I try to pay my new plan it say “oops something went wrong, try again”

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nathan2001 

If you just activated your RBC card then give it 48 to 72 hours before you try adding it again unless you're in a rush to make a payment or have auto pay renew your service.

Also keep in mind you can only make two attempted payments or attempts to add your card to your account before having to wait at one full hour before trying again or you will get an error message.

Nathan2001

I’ve tried to use my RBC visa debit card on public mobile and it’s not working but it works for other stuff and I have activated it

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lindsaylee2222   If you have the RBC Visa Debit card, you can register that as your payment card and enable autopay which will also allow you to receive $2 autopay discount every payment cycle.

@Lindsaylee2222 

If you opened a koho high interest savings account and registered their visa/debit card for autopay you could then add koho as a payee at RBC. When public mobile charges your koho card you will then earn a minimum 2.5% cash back.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Lindsaylee2222  

Also take note - Public Mobile plans are not monthly. They are 30 day plans so eventually your payment due date will change as some months are 31 then you have February.

And you are correct on Telus. Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Lindsaylee2222 

Sorry this will not be possible as Public Mobile does not offer this.

We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S.

You can also stop at gas stations / corner stores and buy top up vouchers link below for multiple retailers.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

Or buy vouchers online at places like recharge.com

Need Help? Let's chat.