cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Autopay After Activation - for 250MB and $2.00 Credit

Darren_M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What happens when you Activate a New Account...
Then choose Autopay after Activation...?

When will you get the 250MB FREE and the $2.00 Credit?

What can someone expect for the Additional Charges - and When will they be Deducted...
There's currently a 10.00 Credit for Activation to be Applied to Next Billing Cycle.
Can it be done in the Middle of a Billing Cycle ?

----------------------------------------------

On $15.00/Plan

Don't want to ChangePlan - or be Billed for Another 30 Day Cycle!

Thanks Again Everyone

9 REPLIES 9

Dang it made an edit and mystery of the disappearing post strikes again! Why does it's always happen to the long ones? Or the ones I manage to successfully and a link to? Oh well I hope I remembered everything I had to say.

@Darren_M  Welcome to public mobile. It's always a good idea to consult the community before activation or making any changes as we can help prevent issues and often help you get additional credits, bonuses, promos etc...as we could have in your case. But that is neither here or there at this point. The $10 credit you are referring to I believe is the refer a friend reward. Did you put your friends referral code in the box on the first page of activation? This is essential. If you did not you may message the moderators to reconsider and add it later. Message them via Simon (?) At the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket for a moderator and follow the prompts and include your friends referral code. After you set up your self serve account you can register for auto pay and get the autopay 250mb data bonus and the $2 reward will be added to your account before your next renewal and will probably be adjusted to $4 if you register it quickly. Be sure to clear your browser and use secret mode before you start it prevents issues and you should use do this every time you make any changes to your account. When you register for auto pay make sure you have your billing address from your statement in front of you. Enter it exactly as it appears on your statement using all CAPS  or a mix of letters etc.. leave the apt/unit box empty and do not put a space in the postal code box. If you top up your account before your next renewal date it will avoid the auto pay bug just look at it as a once a month flu shot.  The community is here to help you along the way. Participate in the community by asking and posting questions, learn, read and bravo you might even earn a community reward your first month. I did!

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It’s a good practice to manually add fund in advance,
You can add any amount in advance in your account and you will still get autopay $2 discount.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Darren_M  if you don't want to miss any payments just set up autopay and a few days before the renewal log in and click make a payment and then on renewal night the funds will already be in your available funds so it won't touch your credit card again but it will be on file for the 2$ autopay and bonus data 

Darren_M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile is New to Me.

Since this was the 1st New Activation -   I just decided to Not Select Autopay- because I've Read about some Problems with AutoPay.
Now Reconsidering it ...
Thanks, Seems it's a Guessing Game - But I kinda think this Cycle MIGHT be missed.

Master2001

You won’t be billed for another 30 day cycle if you activate autopay. Nothing to lose.

You should activate autopay as soon as you can, you may get $4 credit just before your renewal date.

If you are entitle for 250MB FREE, you may get it within a week after activating autopay.

jonfirlotte

Unfortunately you'll probably have to wait a month

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Darren_M wrote:

What happens when you Activate a New Account...
Then choose Autopay after Activation...?

When will you get the 250MB FREE and the $2.00 Credit?

What can someone expect for the Additional Charges - and When will they be Deducted...
There's currently a 10.00 Credit for Activation to be Applied to Next Billing Cycle.
Can it be done in the Middle of a Billing Cycle ?

----------------------------------------------

On $15.00/Plan

Don't want to ChangePlan - or be Billed for Another 30 Day Cycle!

Thanks Again Everyone

The 250mb was supposed to come with autopay. Are you not seeing it in your Plan Details? Maybe you blew through it already when your phone saw the new service. But if you didn't get the 250mb on initial activation due to not turning on autopay then that would be why.

Setting autopay after activation will get you the reward for next renewal...not the initial $2 credit. Was there a reason you didn't set it up at activation? Did you use a voucher instead and now want to set up a payment card?

No extra charges here.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Darren_M 

You can add autopay anytime afterwards. Once active, you will get $2 credit and then the 250 mb data bonus for next month renewal.  1st month you likely won’t get 250 mb data.  

It it would be easier to sign up with autopay on activation. 

Need Help? Let's chat.