cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Another number to my account

bacardi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to add another number to my account.

Is it possible to have 2 sim cards associated with the same account?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo it's not for me, doing a solid for someone.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

et tu @srlawren 🙂

@srlawren wrote:

last friday night when activating placing a Koodo order online 

srlawren

@mimmo cool, good to know!  I guess the important bit is if you're using the "+", always use it to append something to your username. 

Case in point: I tried doing something similar to "na+me@gmail.com" last friday night when activating placing a Koodo order online and let's say it didn't end well for me.  After over an hour on hold Saturday morning, I finally got it sorted out, but suffice it to say that while name+something@gmail.com will get to name@gmail.com's inbox, as will na.me@gmail.com, na+me@gmail.com will be delivered to na@gmail.com instead.  Probably not the intended result!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@srlawren the plus does work with PM ( have used it several times). It can be easier to remember than where you put the "." Ie name+mom@gmail or name+1237@gmail.com  ( last digits of number)  

That is why I did not mention it.  

Great advice re the cc.

srlawren

@bacardi @mimmo not all systems recognize the "+" as a valid character in an email address.  I'd suggest you instead use the "." trick, which is slightly different.  You can't add in extra suff (like "account2" in your example), but all of these email addresses are considered the same by gmail and will route to name@gmail.com's inbox:

name@gmail.com

n.ame@gmail.com

na.me@gmail.com

nam.e@gmail.com

n.a.me@gmial.com

n.am.e@gmail.com

na.m.e@gmail.com

Do note that many users have experienced an issue trying to add the same credit card to more than TWO public mobile accounts.  Some have had success, but many have issues.  So if you need more than 2 total lines, I'd suggest you use multiple credit cards (max 2 per card) for the payments.

mimmo

as mentioned above no you can't but if you use gmail you can create an email alias.

name@gmail.com and name+account2@gmail.com are considered the same thing by gmail.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bacardi wrote:

I would like to add another number to my account.

Is it possible to have 2 sim cards associated with the same account?

No. You will have to have two separate accounts. You will also need two different email addresses to set-up the two accounts. But you can still use the same credit card number.

Need Help? Let's chat.