cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

chayiody
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've tried twice to activate my sim card, it kept telling me my card provider wouldn't let the payment go through but I've been charged twice and my sim card still isn't activated.

7 REPLIES 7

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@chayiody wrote:

No, I tried to twice but it didn't work either time. I've already messaged the moderators over an hour ago and still have yet to get a response. 

Response time averages 2-4 hours but can be up to 48 hours. Hopefully you’ve gotten a response by now and this is resolved for you. Keep us posted. 

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chayiody is it possible that those two were pending/pre-authorization transactions and not actual charges?

I get notifications about transactions even when they're just pre-authorizations.  I also get notifications when pre-authorizations try to go through but are declined (e.g. because the street address I entered doesn't exactly match what the card issuer has on file -- even the difference between ST and STREET can cause a credit card authorication to get declined).

I'd recommend signing up with an address exactly matching the credit card issuer's version of your address, and see if that works!  Good luck!

chayiody

No, I tried to twice but it didn't work either time. I've already messaged the moderators over an hour ago and still have yet to get a response. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@chayiody,

You said you activated the card twice? If so, you will have to purchase a new SIM card as SIM cards cannot be reactivated again. SIM cards cannot be reused.  You can purchase a new one from Public Mobile's website or in-store through Walmart, WOW Mobile and London Drugs. 

Another thing is to send 
a private message to the moderators, include the following:

• Your name
  • Your account number, if you have it, or email address
  • Your phone number and 4 digit PIN
  • A detailed explanation of the specific issue

Good Luck

mtfolks

If that’s the case I wouldn’t suggest trying again yourself. Send @CS_Agent a DM with your info and they can look at getting you sorted out. 

chayiody

Yes it's showing up on my card provider account 

mtfolks

Are the charges showing up on your credit card providers end?

Need Help? Let's chat.