cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation: Generic Error msg/payment

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I helped a couple of friends activate their accounts tonight to take advantage of the bonus refer a friend credit and the rbc promo. The first one worked okay but wouldn't accept his visa/ debit so I used my card to set him up and he will fix his issue later. He received a "problem with your card please try again" msg. About a half hour after that I got my other friend thru the activation and when she tried to submit the payment it took about 3-4 min and came up with...Generic Error please return to the activation page. This occurred at 8:52 pt with the lock out of session we have missed the deadline for the current promos. I will get her to msg the mods about retroactive credit but has anyone seen this msg before?

12 REPLIES 12

@piermac wrote:

It just said "generic error". But I waited 30 minutes and started over and now we are good.
I guess with Public Mobile you have to be patient....

@CannonFodder wrote:

@piermac wrote:

The SIM number you’ve entered is currently reserved by another session. Please close all open browsers and try again after 50 mins.

Just out of curiosity, is that the actual message you received when your attempt errored?

Ok, so if it "just said generic error", where did the part in bold come from, that YOU posted earlier? Just curious.....

And BTW, glad to hear it's now workin'. 👍 

@piermac wrote:

It just said "generic error". But I waited 30 minutes and started over and now we are good.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@piermac wrote:

The SIM number you’ve entered is currently reserved by another session. Please close all open browsers and try again after 50 mins.

Just out of curiosity, is that the actual message you received when your attempt errored?

Glad everything worked. Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂.

Be sure to add a credit card to your account for the Auto-pay reward of $2 every 30 days.

piermac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CannonFodder wrote:

@piermac wrote:

@piermac wrote:

@piermac wrote:

I tried activating a new account, got my phone # and chose a plan and then got a generic error after 5 minutes. Now I can not log in or activate. Please help

@piermac If your credit card has been charged, do not pay again and contact the moderators. To get a ticket click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If not try again in an hour, or two, using a new incognito browser window.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@piermac wrote:

You will have to wait one hour before trying again.

Clear your history / internet cache and next time try in incognito mode.

Be sure to enter a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus.

piermac

piermac

I tried activating a new account, got my phone # and chose a plan and then got a generic error after 5 minutes. Now I can not log in or activate. Please help

@will13am  The moderators I know and love helped out my friend today and quickly and efficiently retroactively applied the RBCREWARDS in the promo box on her account for her son's phone and she is now enjoying the savings of $10 off for six months and the 5gb data addon bonus on top of the extra referral bonus. All done and dusted in a few hours today from start to finish. Well done!

I told her to take a screenshot of the error msg but she was unfamiliar with the device she was using to activate and shut it off instead so we did the SIM already in use/lock out instead. She tried again but got an error page so she gave up (getting late she's got kids.) I'll guide her thru today and make a note about RBCREWARDS and have her appeal to the moderators to apply it retroactively. I think in future I'll take screenshots of the plans page in addition to the final page. Especially when it's time sensitive. Very frustrating when it fails just as you think you've crossed the finish line only to see a DNF and when you try again it's a DQ.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious , I got a similar result last night.  I got a 404 of all things when trying to get to the payment page.  The back button worked but the 404 was like an immovable object.  Let see what they have to say about affected customers.  I have no screen caps to backup my case.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Violette_M  @Costello_P  Quick question in regards to post. Can RBCREWARDS promo be retroactively applied in regards to "generic error" message and missing deadline due to lock out session? All other conditions were met and screenshot taken of trying again but SIM card in use shown (lock out) with time before 11:59 pm et.

Need Help? Let's chat.