cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account

JuhainaYazdani
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want know if I stop paying for my account for a few months can I renew it after that and keep the same phone number and sim?
3 REPLIES 3

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Yes many people do it

Once you remove the auto pay and your plan expires if you log in you will see the final date.

Make sure you come back 5 days before. It is very important if you don't want to lose your account, if anything goes wrong and you moderators get back to you too late the last day, you will lose it

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JuhainaYazdani wrote:

I want know if I stop paying for my account for a few months can I renew it after that and keep the same phone number and sim?

From the point of suspension either yourself or lack of payment, you have a 90 day grace period to renew. After that, your account is removed and everything is forfeited.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@JuhainaYazdani wrote:

I want know if I stop paying for my account for a few  months can I renew it after that and keep the same phone number and sim?

You have 90 days after your renewal date to make a payment to keep your account. If you do not pay your account will be closed and number lost. You should pay on the 85th day in case there are problems.

You can call 611 to remove autopay or you can log into self service to put your phone in lost/stolen mode.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-happens-when-you-miss-a-payment

What Happens When You Miss A Payment

If you miss a payment due date, your account will be put into a suspended state, meaning you will be unable to use your phone services. You will have up to 90 days to make a payment, and after doing so your payment cycle with restart and your service will resume. After 90 days, suspended accounts are permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.
Need Help? Let's chat.