cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account was suspended? When was I supposed to make my first payment?

Snowyneko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I joined PM July 30th, before the 3G data plan promotion expired, and had set up autopay which was set for around late October. 

Today I received a voicemail telling me my account was suspended and if I didn't make a payment by September 19th I would be cut off, which I did today. 

My new autopayment date is November 16th.
This may be my mistake, but I thought autopay was supposed to handle my payments for me automatically? Why was I forced to make a payment today when my original Autopayment date was October?

Thank you!

P.S. So far I've only made one payment which was the one I made today manually.

13 REPLIES 13

Junybbun
Having same issue. And contacting them is so complicated. I lost my service in the middle of traffic while I was using GPS and on my way to an appointment it's extremely frustrating. Wtf is this seriously.

kaine
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Im having the same issue. I've filed a CRTC complain @CS_Agent

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
These are the types of issues that make it really hard to justify being with public mobile when no phone support.

sacjas

I have the same problem, 
I started my account July 25th, set up for auto payments. Just found out my account is suspended. Very frustrating because I also use this line as my work phone. Didn't realize my account was suspended yesterday, hopefully I didn't miss any important calls. 
I realize these things may happen, but I really hope it is resolved quickly!

tmurray350
I have the same problem, had to pay again. It's now working. I better get credited. $120 plus tax way to much to pay for 14 days service.

Richard-terry
Same problem here paid and started my plan aug 3rd now I'm suspended

sharma1308

Dear Friend,

I have already informed everthing as you suggest about 3 hours back, no response, should we live in oblivion, this is worst company, you can;t contact anyone, also you don't know when your problem will be fixed??, what to do????, just keep waiting or go to some other company???

Snowyneko

Public Mobile works as a prepaid service so your account is tied to however long your plan is active. And again, this is a glitch and will be fixed as soon as the moderators realize there is an issue. You can contact them regarding your downgrading situation.

Kinza_B

I'll call it for what it is. A Scam. Plan length means the length of time during which my PLAN will be ACTIVE. not how long my account will stay active. That should be called Account Lenght. I chose the 90 day plan thinking I won't have to make a payment for 3 months and its turning out to be cheaper. A month later my account is suspended without any notifications and I have to pay the $126 to activate my account even though I want a $52 plan now. You tell me if this is not scamming, what is it?

Snowyneko

I don't think they are scamming, this seems to be the result of a glitch in their system. Many people have the same problem as of right now. Sending a message to the moderators is our best bet.

Kinza_B

These guys are just scamming us out of our money, like all other companies! I paid $126 for the 90 day pass not realising that I was paying so much money for just a month. Fine my mistake for not looking into it before signing up, but a month later my account is suspended. So I decided to downgrade of course, if I had a crap load of money I wouldn't be! But they won't activate my account unless I give them $126. I am afraid to do that in case they activate the old plan and then all my money goes to waste!

Snowyneko

@Mary_M Did I do something wrong or will this have to be escalated in order to get a credit back or something? 
Thank you.

Snowyneko

Sorry, mistake in my post,

I made a payment in on July 31st of $150 and another on August 19th (Today) so I was just forced to pay prematurely and lost my original two months of service 😕

Need Help? Let's chat.