cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account terminated

VLorraine65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone else had an issue with their account being terminated - no notice - just terminated. They are saying my autopay is not going through on my cc but there is nothing wrong with my card. Frustrating that I have no one to call or talk to to get my phone reactivated

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@VLorraine65 

Heres some info you might find useful for future manual payments....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account. 

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

And some member contributed info on vouchers....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VLorraine65 : If you choose to get your services going with a voucher first and then figure out the payment card after...the information for the payment card needs to match the payment card. The same address style of writing, no space in the postal code, sometimes even all caps everywhere, if you include a space in the postal then no last digit.

A problem comes with multiple attempts though where it locks you out thinking a fraud might be happening. Then you might be able to wait a bit or contact the mods.

VLorraine65

yes, unable to process this transacation. We are unable to verify your cc information.  CC has not been charged 

@VLorraine65  To purchase a voucher, you would need to buy it from a retailer.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator.  Another option is to use recharge.com or ding.com to make a payment but there is a service charge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VLorraine65 : recharge.com or ding.com.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@VLorraine65 any chance you try putting in another credit card?

Yes, PM is a prepaid service.  If Autopay fails, account will be suspended until it's paid

After you re-entered your card and you try to pay manually, did you get an error message?

VLorraine65

where do I go online to purchase a voucher?? I'm looking but not seeing it - thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VLorraine65 : To get your services going quicker, buy a voucher online or in many stores and redeem it through 611 or the self-serve. You can also use the Instant Top-up method in a few stores.

Then deal with the payment card.

Edit: Your account is suspended. Not terminated. Or the terminology here = deactivated. Make a payment using other methods and your account will resume.

VLorraine65

no, I tried that and it didn't work. I'm more po'd that they automatically terminate my access. I've only been with them for 3 months.

@VLorraine65 wrote:

I tried that but it didn't work. I even removed the cc info and re-entered it. Not working. Something on this end; not my end

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

VLorraine65

I tried that but it didn't work. I even removed the cc info and re-entered it. Not working. Something on this end; not my end

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@VLorraine65 Autopay is not perfect. It can fail time to time unfortunately. Make a manual payment and reactivate your account through Self-Service.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@VLorraine65 wrote:

Has anyone else had an issue with their account being terminated - no notice - just terminated. They are saying my autopay is not going through on my cc but there is nothing wrong with my card. Frustrating that I have no one to call or talk to to get my phone reactivated

Autopay sometimes fail. Can you go into self service and make a payment for your plan and hit the reactivate button.

Need Help? Let's chat.