cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account temporarily suspended

v2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I noticed that my phone has been silent all day today. When I wanted to make a call, a machine said that my account has been temporarily supspended. My account is set on auto pay, and never had any problems until now. I suspected it might be due to the credit card. I logged into my account, I changed the credit card, I tried o submit the payment, but simply does not go through. I tried everything I could while logged in, but nothing seems to be working. Please, help me with the instructuions what I need to do to reactivate my account as soon as possible. Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

Here is a Vice story about the scam

I would suggest start documenting your online presence, prioritize your accounts that you use for banks and purchases. On a known clean computer, install a password manager (lastpass etc etc) and systematicaly reset all passwords and turn on 2FA that uses an authenticator app instead of the phone.. so even if your phone get hacked you won't get your other identities stolen.

edpalla
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have an iphone 8, not sure what i should do

edpalla

how does one jack a SIM?

@edpallasounds like you got SIM jacked.. there are a few users here who reported simliar situations. It might be a good idea to reset all your passwords especially those that requires phone# to verify your identity.

Here is one

Here is another

What type of phone do you have? perhaps your phone is compromised in some way?

If you suspect you had fallen victim do contact your local law enforcement and the Canadian Anti Fraud Centre.

edpalla

yes, i was just told it was ported out, but not sure how that can be done, i didnt go to another provider, my service just stopped, i did carry that number over from  my previous carrier, telus

Hi @edpalla Just to let you know the 1 855 number you mentioned has been disconnected a few years back. You can only get help online via this forum by messaging the moderators via this link. The moderators will respond via private message (you will see a read bubble with digits on the envelope icon on top right hand corner of this page)

@edpalla wrote:

about noon today i noticed no service on my phone, tried to log into my public mobile account, said: Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance. it's not a payment issue as i am good for another 15 days, i created a new account just to get into the community, i phoned the public mobile number 1-855-478-2542. punched in my number said they couldn't find my mobile number, thankyou for calling and they hung up, how screwy, have only used this provider for 3 months now, no problem till now, am definitely considering trying another, am totally frustrated with how hard it is to get some help

@edpalla  From what you describe it sounds like you number was ported out and your account was closed. Not sure  why you had to create a new community account though, what was wrong with your old community account?

@edpalla wrote:

about noon today i noticed no service on my phone, tried to log into my public mobile account, said: Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance. it's not a payment issue as i am good for another 15 days, i created a new account just to get into the community, i phoned the public mobile number 1-855-478-2542. punched in my number said they couldn't find my mobile number, thankyou for calling and they hung up, how screwy, have only used this provider for 3 months now, no problem till now, am definitely considering trying another, am totally frustrated with how hard it is to get some help

Did you write a message to the moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 they will help you with that. Be patient waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

edpalla

@v2 wrote:

The cards are working, as I have been using them. I checked them again, but unfortunately the acoount is still suspended..

Did you try with the 611 to top up for reactivate your service?

@v2 wrote:

The cards are working, as I have been using them. I checked them again, but unfortunately the acoount is still suspended..

@v2  Did you try making a one time payment using the cc online to see if the psyment goes through? Also check your psyment history, does everything look normal?

v2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@v2 , I suggest removing the credit card and then re-add it.  The usual caveats, leave apartment number blank, no space in postal code apply.  Try doing a manual top up to see the card is working.  Failing that, I suggest seeking moderator team assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  In the mean time, you could consider using a voucher.  Recharge.com is a convenient online option for vouchers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.