cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended...

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So this is new...

My plan was scheduled to renew and swap over to the updated $15 plan.

I have autopay in - and I have a $135 credit on my account.

But - my account status is "Plan Expired".

Normal? will this just fix it's self or will I be geting calls panicing about phones not working?

Update: Dad's account is the same thing... he has a $6.00 credit on the account with Auto pay.

14 REPLIES 14

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The same thing is happening to me now with autopay enabled and everything in order - a message that I have no plan and 

This page isn’t working

selfserve.publicmobile.ca didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

when I try to make a manual payment. 

jalalond
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my credit card and tried a different one and had to cancel auto pay and finally, my account came back because it accepted to make a paiment! Serious bug Telus has going on! Would be nice that they fix this asap!

jalalond

How long does it take before it sorts itself out?

Thanks,

Jani

jalalond

It has been 48hours + and still my account is suspended. It won't take my credit card paiment or my auto paiment.

What do I do?

Brent2

thx for your reply but if you or anyone doesnt have access to my account then who does to fix this. I understand itsall users here thankfully but i need someone to fix my account period. Can you direct me to that person or persons that can do this most simple request. They must have some number to somewhere like maybe an account fix department. Obviously none of us can do it. 

@Brent2 can you elaborate more on your situation or better start a new thread so people who were started this thread won't be bothered by notifications?

Can you also provider screen shots of your selfserve accounts? We are all just regular Public Mobile users here and have no access to your account information, so you have to give us some picture or guidance in order for us to help you.

Brent2

part of that answer Im sorry is not correct. Ive just been suspended because public attempted to debit my account 3 days earlier than its supposed to be and this was my business number. I would re-ask your question and get a confirmation

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheOldVR wrote:

Thanks Everyone, it all sorted it's self out.... I had never seen this before!!

So one comment: it does feel and seem pretty <enter a word here> that a company like Telus would address what is a pretty big system bug by having a notice that tells customers to ignore a message about non-payment if they are setup for auto-pay.

How about have a rule that avoids all the Plan Expired and other warnings if there is a good card on file?

Anyhow... happy Thursday peeps - and GO RAPTORS!!!!

But it doesn't know if the card is good until it tries to take money from it. Think of it as a bit of a grace period. It's pre-paid. The term ends. It doesn't take money until after the term ends. If it fails at that time which is after the term ends then it'll stop working. But if it succeeds in getting sufficient money then it resets and carries on. All the while giving you a grace period of a working service even though it hasn't technically been paid for yet.

I'm jealous of birds that can fly so I'm not cheering them on let alone raptors. 🙂

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Wonder_why wrote:

Contact MOD _TEAM

And why is going to a Moderator necessary in this 'Normal Situation'?

TheOldVR

Thanks Everyone, it all sorted it's self out.... I had never seen this before!!

So one comment: it does feel and seem pretty <enter a word here> that a company like Telus would address what is a pretty big system bug by having a notice that tells customers to ignore a message about non-payment if they are setup for auto-pay.

How about have a rule that avoids all the Plan Expired and other warnings if there is a good card on file?

Anyhow... happy Thursday peeps - and GO RAPTORS!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheOldVR 

This the schedule of events that I've observed on two different occasions:

At 8pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red.

At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended and take any community reward out and zero it and take out and reset other rewards. It will also inexplicably change the expiry date to this new day later.

Around 1:45am ET it'll convert those taken rewards into the Current Balance.

The autopay recording in 611 says that at 2am ET it'll renew. The system will take from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service.

Until then your service should stay working. Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working.

Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

sunflowershine

@TheOldVR It seems normal to the renewal date. You have more than enough to pay for the plan. It should not have any problem. 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Contact MOD _TEAM

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@TheOldVR wrote:

So this is new...

My plan was scheduled to renew and swap over to the updated $15 plan.

I have autopay in - and I have a $135 credit on my account.

But - my account status is "Plan Expired".

Normal? will this just fix it's self or will I be geting calls panicing about phones not working?

Update: Dad's account is the same thing... he has a $6.00 credit on the account with Auto pay.

Does this every time at renewal.  Is it your renwewal time? If service works, there is no issue.  It is a self serve glitch.  As long enough funds in balance or autopay works, status will go normal tomorrow.  Only if payment fails will account get suspended.  Ignore the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.