cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended, unable to manually pay using credit card and autopay is not working

daimarauder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wasn't aware of this prior, so I'm not sure what's happening. My account got suspensed today, and I see my account status with "plan expired" on it. I initially signed up for the $50/8gb with promo of $10 off for the first 6 months back in Dec, with autopay.

Everything with PM has been fine until today, where I'm not able to use any cell and data services, which has been frustrating and inconvenient. I tried to reactivate my current plan in self-serve and paying the amount due in my account, but after trying with multiple credit cards, nothing seems to work, as payments aren't able to go through.

I've sent a privage message to the moderator team 10 hrs ago, and I have not gotten a reply. If someone from the mod team or a fellow community user can enlighten me on what's happening, that would be great. It has not been a great day, as it has impacted my work greatly.

Thanks.

59 REPLIES 59

daimarauder

Finally got it working with the help of Alex_G from the mod team. Not entirely sure what was the cause of the incident, but I provide Alex with my CC information for payment department to register my card again. After they approved my CC, I then reapply autopay on my end, and things seems to be working as it should. I have service now, and hopefully something like this won't occur in the future. 

Again, thanks to Alex_G for the swift replies and got me up and running! Keep up the good work!

@daimarauder, thanks for posting that last screenshot.  As we can see, you were not charged on the 29th or 30th for your plan, so you do need to pay the outstanding amount in some fashion.

For whatever reason, AutoPay failed for you 😞  The only good news is that you've not lost money on this, as no payment was charged.

@daimarauder wrote:

No changes to my credit card, and it's not expiring until next year. No changes to personal information either. It just seems very odd how the same credit card used for autopay from day 1 of signing up to PM suddenly have issues on renewal day, of all days. I use the same credit card on other purchases and there's no issue. I even called my CC company to see if there's any fraudulent activity with my card, and there is none, and they say it's probably issues with PM's system somewhere.

@daimarauder  Public Mobile made changes recently to their system to increase the expiry date limit to 2030 (?). With all the recent AutoPay renewal issues being reported by some customers I hope that change did not inadvertently cause this problem. Smiley Sad

@daimarauder 

You probably need to wait for moderator response.  About 1-2 day response time these days.  

If you need service ASAP, buying a payment voucher in store or online via recharge.com is one option until moderator responds.  Recharge.com does charge service fee, so the cost is slightly more expensive than in store, but some people do not live close to vendors.  Vendors include Walmart, Shoppers, Mobile shop (inside superstore), London drugs, Canadian Tire, other gas stations, etc.  Load up amount due and hopefully plan restarts.  

daimarauder

No changes to my credit card, and it's not expiring until next year. No changes to personal information either. It just seems very odd how the same credit card used for autopay from day 1 of signing up to PM suddenly have issues on renewal day, of all days. I use the same credit card on other purchases and there's no issue. I even called my CC company to see if there's any fraudulent activity with my card, and there is none, and they say it's probably issues with PM's system somewhere.

There haven’t been any changes with your credit card? New card with updated expiry date? It is also possible that something just went wrong with processing the rest of the bill to your card for some technical reason. 

daimarauder

Nothing's been deducted at all on renewal date, even though it's on autopay from all past transactions. I still don't have any service right now, and I haven't gotten any replies from the mods.

PM3.jpg

@daimarauder, can you post a screenshot of your payment transactions?  I'm not sure if your $12 balance is after processing happened on renewal day, or if it's for the payment that was due.

There's got to be something hiding in the payment transactions that can help us.

@daimarauderYou can go to any store eg 7-11 this time of the night (or recharge.com) to get a voucher and top up using *611.

daimarauder

I don't even see the "One Time Payment" and "Manage Auto Pay" anywhere in all the tabs. No options to manage CC, add, remove or replace them.

PM2.jpg

@daimarauder wrote:

I'll try the lost/stolen method first. I tried the 611 service at the beginning, but the automated system says I don't have a pre-registered CC on the account, which is odd, since I'm on autopay from the start. That's when I tried manually paying in self-serve, which I'm also unable to, as none of my CC go through.

@daimarauder  I don't think the lost stolen trick is going to work in your case. As others have mentioned the problem appears that your AutoPay was not processed correctly and you are $38 short. If you are able to add a cc and make payment then you should be able to reactivate you plan 

@daimarauder wrote:

I'll try the lost/stolen method first. I tried the 611 service at the beginning, but the automated system says I don't have a pre-registered CC on the account, which is odd, since I'm on autopay from the start. That's when I tried manually paying in self-serve, which I'm also unable to, as none of my CC go through.

@daimarauder Click the My Account buttom top right of this page.

1) Login to Selfserve, click Payments & Add-ons tab.
2) Below "One Time Payment" and "Manage Auto Pay" options there is a very small link
"Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card"
3) two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"

Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

Note: When entering the postal code do not enter any spaces. Also do not use the unit number field even if you live in an apartment or condo and use a desktop browser if you can.

Hope this helps!

daimarauder

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

With the screenshot showing your plan expired May 30 that means renewal was 24 hours ago rightvafter May 29 was over.. Something went wrong so it expired early May 30 thus no service all day. My new 30 day period begins May 31 so I see the “Expired” message right now showing expired May 31 even though here in BC it is still the evening of May 30.

Excellent reporting. That was in the back of my mind but I wasn't sure. I did say earlier on wondering about whether the renewal was last night.

I'm in BC too and we always have to remember that this place runs on ET.

So.. @daimarauder: have a go with that lost/stolen idea from earlier. Another workaround is to manually add another $1 into the account and then restart the phone.

If it does still need $38 then you could try the 611 service with your credit card on file. Or vouchers.

@AE_Collector wrote:

With the screenshot showing your plan expired May 30 that means renewal was 24 hours ago rightvafter May 29 was over.. Something went wrong so it expired early May 30 thus no service all day. My new 30 day period begins May 31 so I see the “Expired” message right now showing expired May 31 even though here in BC it is still the evening of May 30.

So, I think you are going to need the moderators to figure out what happened.

Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daimarauder wrote:

My services stopped all of today, including regular calls and data usage. The only thing I messed with is tried to pay my due amount in my account.

It's definitely confusing as there's no clear FAQ regarding renewal and what's to expect and what to do for first time customer without having to post inquiry in the forums, or send messages to the mods. I've search through the forums for similar questions, but not all of them have the same problems as I do.

I'll wait out till tomorrow and hopefully I'll have services back up after midnight. Hopefully the mods will respond to my messages in case I don't have services.

Yeah it's not supposed to stop services during renewal. Or the day of. See what you see in the morning. Restart the phone then. Check the status of the account. But at least you're past renewal night then. Then we can try the couple workarounds. It sucks... I know. It's not supposed to stop services unless it can't find money.

daimarauder

My services stopped all of today, including regular calls and data usage. The only thing I messed with is tried to pay my due amount in my account.

It's definitely confusing as there's no clear FAQ regarding renewal and what's to expect and what to do for first time customer without having to post inquiry in the forums, or send messages to the mods. I've search through the forums for similar questions, but not all of them have the same problems as I do.

I'll wait out till tomorrow and hopefully I'll have services back up after midnight. Hopefully the mods will respond to my messages in case I don't have services.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daimarauder wrote:

Here's the screenshot. As I mentioned in the initial post, I was on autopay from the start, and it's been working fine until today. I tried to manually pay with my CC that I used for autopay, but that didn't work. I then tried other CC, which also didn't work.

It looks all fine for tonights renewal. But you say your services aren't working. hmm

When did the services stop working?

It's really dodgy to be messing around in the account on renewal night. All kinds of spurious confusing things go on. It's happening now. And then through the night things will continue to happen. Even the information shown could be spurious.

You did already send a private message right? If only to get in the queue.

@daimarauder  If your plan was up for renewal and your phone is still working you can ignore this message. The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and and cause the customer to take uncecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that ofter result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and uncessary downtime.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

daimarauder

Here's the screenshot. As I mentioned in the initial post, I was on autopay from the start, and it's been working fine until today. I tried to manually pay with my CC that I used for autopay, but that didn't work. I then tried other CC, which also didn't work.PM1.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daimarauder wrote:

It says my plan expires today, so I'm guessing it's renewal date? It's my first time using PM so I'm not familiar with how renewal works, and I wasn't expecting any interruption on cell services, even for 1 day.

So your services aren't working? Maybe the renewal failed last night?

Maybe post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

daimarauder

It says my plan expires today, so I'm guessing it's renewal date? It's my first time using PM so I'm not familiar with how renewal works, and I wasn't expecting any interruption on cell services, even for 1 day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daimarauder wrote:

Thanks, I haven't try SIMon, I will do so now.

SIMon won't get you to a moderator.

Answer some of the questions put to you here or try some of the ideas offered.

daimarauder

Thanks, I haven't try SIMon, I will do so now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daimarauder 

Is this your renewal day? Last night?

Is it that your services stopped working?

If this is your renewal night then leave it alone. See what you get in the morning. As long as everything's working it's fine.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@daimarauder wrote:

I wasn't aware of this prior, so I'm not sure what's happening. My account got suspensed today, and I see my account status with "plan expired" on it. I initially signed up for the $50/8gb with promo of $10 off for the first 6 months back in Dec, with autopay.

Everything with PM has been fine until today, where I'm not able to use any cell and data services, which has been frustrating and inconvenient. I tried to reactivate my current plan in self-serve and paying the amount due in my account, but after trying with multiple credit cards, nothing seems to work, as payments aren't able to go through.

I've sent a privage message to the moderator team 10 hrs ago, and I have not gotten a reply. If someone from the mod team or a fellow community user can enlighten me on what's happening, that would be great. It has not been a great day, as it has impacted my work greatly.

Thanks.

@daimarauder While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@daimarauder You can try paying via *611, get a voucher at stores or use recharge.com that way at least you can get the phone working somehoe (hopefully).

Heartyjoyq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi have you tried chat with SIMon if the moderator team is still not seeing your message yet

Need Help? Let's chat.