cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended for over 24 hours

catnipthieves
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Seems my Autopay didn't kick in on renewal this weekend and my account - and service - has been suspended. Ample funds in my account and messaged the mods about this yesterday, but still without any phone service or response. This is pretty frustrating. I figured the card used for Autopay might be registered to my old address, so I updated the card details etc, but thus far I'm still without service.

Appreciate that the mods are busy and that the payment cycle may need to complete, but surely that shouldn't mean I'm locked out of using my phone in the interim? 

5 REPLIES 5

catnipthieves
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all the suggestions. Manually topped up and it seems to have restored service. Not ideal, but appreciate the help.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@catnipthievesgreat advice from fellow experienced users so far.

If you see Reactivate button on your Account Overview, click on it. It will use money in your Available Funds to pay the amount owed.

Unfortunately PM does not have state-of-the-art systems. For many reasons, we cannot rely on AutoPay to work 100% of the time. I have to pay my other bills once a month anyways. So I also login PM account to make sure there is sufficient balance in Available Funds to cover the next bill.

Hope your cell service gets restored asap.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@catnipthieves wrote:

Hi,

Seems my Autopay didn't kick in on renewal this weekend and my account - and service - has been suspended. Ample funds in my account and messaged the mods about this yesterday, but still without any phone service or response. This is pretty frustrating. I figured the card used for Autopay might be registered to my old address, so I updated the card details etc, but thus far I'm still without service.

Appreciate that the mods are busy and that the payment cycle may need to complete, but surely that shouldn't mean I'm locked out of using my phone in the interim? 

There is bit of a grace period in the morning of the new term with no money but after that, no, the service shuts off. And so it should.

What is your Available Funds balance? If not enough to cover your plan cost then try manually depositing money from your credit card. If that works then you know the cc is fine. If it doesn't work then I suggest getting a voucher either from a store or online and topping up with that.

And then click on the Reactivate button up top.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@catnipthieves wrote:

Hi,

@catnipthieves 

Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off (by manually adding funds) in advance as this process will prevent the most common and preventable reason that your account goes into suspension with a complete loss of service.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Anything to do with your account provisioning, has to be done by a moderator. Please be patient as it could take up to 48 hours for a response....but usually less.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.