cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended despite on AutoPay

HoTrieuToan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My account is still suspended despite I have autopay on. I have to "Reactivate" my account. I am concerned that this mistake is going to reoccur in the future.

13 REPLIES 13

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Toggling airplane mode on/off only disconnects your phone from the network so it would do nothing in regards to making a payment....it might improve their signal though.....

@darlicious , yeah, I may be reaching a bit. Sometimes I think some people may use the term "suspended", then make a payment, but their phone may just need a 'hit' back to the PM network to become Active again. I dunno, just throwing it out there, I guess. Reboot should do the same, if this is the case.

@esjliv 

Toggling airplane mode on/off only disconnects your phone from the network so it would do nothing in regards to making a payment....it might improve their signal though.....

Lost/stolen disconnects the sim card from the pm system/servers basically forcing a reprovisioning of the sim card and triggers the payment system to take a payment from a balance if a renewal is "overdue". This is why you would self-suspend when you have a balance on your account to stop your service from renewing via your balance and/or autopay. Once you resume your service if you have enough to cover your plan in your balance your service will renew and resume.

@Ngosa wrote:

Same thing is happening to me. I have paid twice now in hopes of “reactivating” my account, I don’t know what to do

@Ngosa , you already paid twice..was your credit card charged twice?

If other trouble shooting being suggested is not working try this trick.

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Hit "Suspend Service" Button
  4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  5. Reboot your phone.

All working now?

Another thing you could try is going into airplane mode for a few minutes, then back to regular mode.

@Ngosa 

You probably have 2 payments sitting in your balance now. Use the guide below to reactivate your service. Check back in if you need more help.

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

Ngosa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing is happening to me. I have paid twice now in hopes of “reactivating” my account, I don’t know what to do

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@HoTrieuToan wrote:

Hello,

My account is still suspended despite I have autopay on. I have to "Reactivate" my account. I am concerned that this mistake is going to reoccur in the future.

@HoTrieuToan 

If you still have services. This could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have NO SERVICES, then your Autopay may have failed.

**Make a payment by calling 611 or signing into your Self Serve account and make a payment that way.

To make a payment via 611 you will need your Account PIN that was created when you activated. It would have been texted to you at time of activation.

If this was a failed Autopay, I would let the Moderators know.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

If that after trying the advice above,  you still have no service, this is how to contact the public mobile moderators for account assistance:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@HoTrieuToan 

Because of the autopay system issue causing many failures you are not alone with your issue. If you still cannot make a manual payment you may have to contact the moderators but use this as your guide first....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

@Triguy 

Lol....but you would have to do that every "month" because autopay would never be used....the system will always take from your balance first. So it can't back up an autopay failure.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@HoTrieuToan 

At this juncture, if you still have no services, make a manual payment on the self-serve account or top it off dialling *611

You may then need to reboot your phone to get the services going again.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could make a manual top equivalent to your amount owing as a balance in case your autopay fails then you would have a backup payment.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@HoTrieuToan 

You have a valid concern, however rest assured that auto-pay failure is a very uncommon event.

The best way you can avoid it is to make absolutely sure that your credit card is valid and your expiry date is up to date. 

Also, I found that it's best not to log into your self serve and make any changes in the hour preceding and following the date of renewal.  So basically between 11 p.m. and 1-2 a.m. the following day.  You may see someone wonky messaging in there, but just ignore it if your services are active. 

Indeed, some users manually prepay their account in advance, and so long as they have a payment card registered, they still get the benefit of the auto-pay reward.

That just takes a bit of planning and scheduling. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@HoTrieuToan...

the Autopay failure happens rarely...but it does happen. I manually pay my plan renewal costs a few days ahead of next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.