cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended and service disconnected - HELP

Basienka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Autopay is on, nothing has changed from my end but my service is disconnected and my account says it's suspended.  It gives me an option to Reactive Current Plan, but I'm not sure if I should proceed this way.

My billing date is anyday now (today/tomorrow).

The message in my account is as follows:

"Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service."

What should I do?

14 REPLIES 14

@ritsp  I doubt PM will refund as PM is a prepaid service and honest, it's no fault of PM in this situation.

Since you have removed Autopay, it wouldn't renew in the next cycle (30 days later).  Make sure you remember you have to reactivate the line within 90 days after suspension or you will loss you number.

@ritsp 

Most likely not....as most payments are non-refundable. Where is your sim card with you or in Canada? Do you return before your next renewal? The best way to suspend your service for travel is thru the lost/stolen feature and keeping your autopay registered so you still earn the reward.

Which plan are you on? If its an in market plan that doesn't have promotional plan data tied to it the moderators maybe willing to switch you to the $15 plan from a higher data plan if your "planned" scheduled plan change on next renewal while you were away didn't go thru for some reason?!!

@ritsp wrote:

Iam not in Canada since few weeks. I thought i disabled auto pay before going abroad but seems i missed it and today my cc was charged. As of now i have removed autoplay. Is it possible to get refund back for this month that was charged today?

Hello @ritsp 

Did your plan renew because you had enough Available Funds balance to pay the amount of your plan OR was this an autopay charged to your credit card?

Not likely able to obtain a refund of an autopay payment. Unless, you had requested the Autopay be removed via a ticket with the Moderators and they did not complete the request for some reason.

You could always inquire about a refund with a PM Moderator, but do not get your hopes up.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

ritsp

Iam not in Canada since few weeks. I thought i disabled auto pay before going abroad but seems i missed it and today my cc was charged. As of now i have removed autoplay. Is it possible to get refund back for this month that was charged today?

@Basienka 

Your service suspended due to a widespread autopay system failure for accounts renewing on April 2nd. This was an unusual circumstance and you were not alone. Hopefully pm has fixed the issue however they have not made announcement about the failure nor how or if they have addressed it.

@Basienka  wrote:

Thank you, I have made a manual payment and service has been restored.

Weird.....

I would recommend you add $12 (Plan cost minus rewards) a couple of days before your renewal date so the system does not have to rely on automatically taking a payment from cc. 

Basienka

Thank you, I have made a manual payment and service has been restored.

Weird.....

@Basienka wrote:
  • Your plan expired on Apr 2, 2021.
  • Top up before Jul 1, 2021 or your account will be deactivated.
  • Current Balance: $3.00
  • Amount Due: $12.00

So I need to make a payment for $12 or $9?

Looks like you are on the $15 plan with $3 in rewards. So you need to add $12 so plan can renew.

Basienka
  • Your plan expired on Apr 2, 2021.
  • Top up before Jul 1, 2021 or your account will be deactivated.
  • Current Balance: $3.00
  • Amount Due: $12.00

So I need to make a payment for $12 or $9?

@Basienka  wrote:

I dont understand why service would have been disconnected.  Like I said, nothing has changed at my end.  

AutoPay fails sometimes so it looks like your renewal did not go through due to payment issue likely on PM's end. Try making a one time manual payment equal to your plan cost minus current balance. I am assuming your rewards were credit to your account balance? 

@Basienka 

In all likelihood you've done nothing wrong.

Just for certainty, double check the expiry date on your credit card however it's likely the renewal failure which has affected many other customers in recent days.

You will need to make a manual payment as indicated above to reactivate the service.

Basienka

I dont understand why service would have been disconnected.  Like I said, nothing has changed at my end.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Basienka 

You indicate you have no service.

In that case, you do need to make a manual payment to reactivate your service. You can do it through self-serve or by dialling *611.

It sucks, but sometimes auto-pay fails and there has been a rash of recent auto-pay renewal failures in the last several days.

(FYI  -- When you have service and you're receiving this messaging, you need not do anything.  It's a normal pre-renewal message which causes undue panic on the eve of a renewal.)

Need Help? Let's chat.