cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended after credit card randomly (and wrongly) not charged?

tiarambaran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card has been fine, but it seems like on Black Friday it disconnected with it. I had to try three other cards before one finally hooked up, but I'm still suspended and can't even make important calls. How do I fix this? 

10 REPLIES 10

@tiarambaran wrote:

I did, two days ago now, no response. I'm going to have to move phone carriers, I can't afford to have this sort of thing happen! 

Try sending in another ticket to the moderators.

If you decide to stay and for future renewals:

Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your cc on file for the autopay reward.

tiarambaran

I did, two days ago now, no response. I'm going to have to move phone carriers, I can't afford to have this sort of thing happen! 

@tiarambaran  In that case best to submit a ticket. You might also try to make another manual payment for $1 because sometimes that will get your plan reactivated.

tiarambaran

The thing is, I got a credit card that works and I paid the owing amount. I keep pressing 'reactivate' and nothing happens. 

No solutions yet. I even tried suspending and then resuming service.

This is really bad, I have important phone calls coming in that I'm probably missing. I might have to go switch to another carrier tmrw.

@tiarambaran wrote:

@popping wrote:

@tiarambaran wrote:

My credit card has been fine, but it seems like on Black Friday it disconnected with it. I had to try three other cards before one finally hooked up, but I'm still suspended and can't even make important calls. How do I fix this? 

Add enough fund to pay using the newly added cc to pay your plan. 

Click on the Reactivate current plan link to get your phone working again. 

Did that already, of course. I'll try the voucher but yeah, this is kind of ridiculous.

Hi @tiarambaran try deleting your browsing history, your cache and cookies.  Turn your phone off and on again.  You can also go on incognito mode before trying again... this seems to work for a lot of people.

If still not working, go to recharge.com and buy a PM voucher.  For a small fee, you can get your service back in mins.

Best wishes

tiarambaran

@popping wrote:

@tiarambaran wrote:

Did that already, of course. I'll try the voucher but yeah, this is kind of ridiculous.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tiarambaran wrote:

@tiarambaran  Unfortunately on occasion the Auto-Pay will timeout and fail. Public is aware of the problem and hopefully will provide a solution soon. In the meantime, as suggested try to make a manual payment or purchase a voucher to get up and running again. Also submit a ticket to Public and ask them to fix the problem.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tiarambaran wrote:

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tiarambaran ,

If you have no service, log into your SELF SERVE account, and add funds to the amount you owe. 

Then go to the lost/stolen feature and Hit Reactivate.

Reboot your phone.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@tiarambaran wrote:

Contact a moderator.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent this in the future add money to Available Funds a few days before renewal so the renewal process will take money from there and you can leave the credit card on file for the $2 reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.